ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking front drivers side wheel?

When I drive a long say coming to some lights I normally coast put the clutch in and roll to a slow in this time if im on some bumpy ground or rough road you can hear a rattling from the drivers side front wheel? Ive jacked it up and tugged on the wheel no movement though. Ive tapped the back of my wheel with my hand and I can hear a rattling noise from around the anti roll bar area. My mechanic said it will probably be a drop link that has snapped off a speed bump I cant see where the drop link is hes explained several times and ive looked several times but cant see where it is... Ive looked all over the wishbone and anti roll bar and cant see it unless its blending in like a ninja. I do have a new one however in my car which I can swap it with when I find it.

any other ideas guys? Where else could I be looking?

Cheers

Nick

Clio 172 Sport
Hi,
Mk 1 and 2 clios dont have drop links, not sure about later ones. Drop links are on the end of the anti-rollbar and connect the rollbar to the strut leg or lower arm (car dependent). MK1 and 2 Clios mount the rollbar directly to the lower arm with a bush. It wont be that that is knocking i doubt. Probably a ball joint, steering rack play or top strut mount. Ask a local MOT tester to check it over if you cant find it. Mine has a sharp knock sometimes when cornering which has turned out to be a small amount of play on the rack.
Hope this helps
Cliff

Hi,
Mk 1 and 2 clios dont have drop links, not sure about later ones. Drop links are on the end of the anti-rollbar and connect the rollbar to the strut leg or lower arm (car dependent). MK1 and 2 Clios mount the rollbar directly to the lower arm with a bush. It wont be that that is knocking i doubt. Probably a ball joint, steering rack play or top strut mount. Ask a local MOT tester to check it over if you cant find it. Mine has a sharp knock sometimes when cornering which has turned out to be a small amount of play on the rack.
Hope this helps
Cliff

Thanks Cliff,

My mechanic assures me its a droplink I hit a curb before christmas and twisted the sub frame and bent the inner tie rod when it went in to be repaired he replaced the drop links apparently :) So he did say they are there lol. Its going on some ramps here at work about dinner time in the vehicle workshop and a guy here (his names Cliff too!!) is going to look it over for me. Hopefully we will find the issue :)

Nick