ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking in passenger footwell in idle...?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yesterday we were crawling in traffic to get home, the mrs driving and me in the passenger seat. With the car in 1st gear but clutch down, I could hear this knocking sound and feel it under my feet. It went away again but happened a couple times in a 5 minutes period.

Incidentally, whilst reversing up a steep section of a car park to get into a space on Thursday, upon stopping, some smoke wafted out from under the bonnet, but no evidence of further smoke when opening it up. I'd only been driving about 20 minutes and not pushing the car whatsoever.

Any ideas?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
probably just burning some oil from the breather pipe, was it the exhasut banging, what sort of banging, was it the saxo[/corsa behind's sub ?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the smoke as nothing had overheated.

The banging sounded like the 'click' you get when you press the throttle, if that makes sense. Not loud but just repetitive despite nothing changing inside the car... wondering if the mounts need looking at, but then we weren't moving or engaging the engine.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
mmm, interesting, the somke is probably just a normal oil dripping on manifold, how many miles has it done. the clicking could be lots of things,

BMW E46 330i Touring
Almost 70k...

Think I have radiator issues, temperature was very high just a minute ago. Gonna check coolant levels in the half time of the football...

Also, I have no heating - could this be connected to the above?