ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking, knocking, knocking!!

When the weather get warmer, the knocking get more serious. My top mount is new.

What should I do?? Mainly the knocking is from driver side front bottom. When it is serious, it happens almost everytime when I brake. Doesn't matter if it is hard or light brake. Sometimes, it just "knock" when my brake pad are just press down slightly.

One more thing can causes serious knocking is - full load. When someone is sitting at the back, it is more serious.

But all knocking are at slow speed. Maybe under 20.

Pls give me some suggestion. The noise are very annoying.

It is 172 MK2, just Koni shocks with Eibach Springs. Also, powerflex suspension arm bushes.

I am thinking if there is anything wrong with the Brake Caliper???

Lots of Alfas
Check the bolts on the carriers of your brake calipers are done up tightly as these can come loose, its a good idea to loctite them. Also might be worth checking the other 2 engine mounts, check the one under the battery and the lower one underneath. Also check all around the hubs, the ball joints and the anti roll bar.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Maybe anti roll bar bushes that are worn or perhaps a busted front lower arm ball joint.

I do also think of the Koni as well (but it's about 20 months, can it worn that early??) cos it has much less knocking when the weather is cool.

Foe anti-roll bar bushes, it had been removed and fit again with the same one cos the Powerflex bushes for anti-roll bar is just too hard to fit it. I gave up and refund it. Mainly because its hole diameter is 2mm smaller than the normal one??

Thanks for all the suggestion. I had these problem for 6 months already. How to check driveshaft??

1.2 16v (2002)
i have nocking on the front end of mine and when looking at underneeth it was pretty easy to see why drive shaft boots had split so their was no grease. give that a look at matey