ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking Noise (help!?)

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Today the clio has started making an odd noise. Its coming from the front passenger side.

Symptoms:-
Knocking Noise front passenger side (RHD car obviously :) )

Theres no vibration/shake or odd feedback coming through the steering or peddles.

Theres no vibration coming through the chassis or floor.

It doesn't stop when I apply the brakes.

It only happens when the car is moving, and doesn't change with engine revs.

The frequency of the 'knocking' is consistent with the speed of the car/wheels, I've also checked the arch lining and theres nothing obvious hanging down/catching the wheel.

Heres a video I've taken from the passenger foot well, you have to listen for a few seconds as you can't hear it over the engine noise so when I come off the throttle you'll hear it. Also I went over a few speed bumps, so the occasional loud noise isn't the wheel falling off :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Fixed it now guys, finally got chance to have a look in the daylight and get the wheel off. It was just something catching the wheel lol