ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise....

Breaking A 172 Replica
Just fitted some 17s to my 1.2 dynamique...

To start with they were fine then after about 30 mins driving when I take corners (even slight bends) there is a knocking noise. This also happens with braking and even when I ease off.

What the hell is this?

Any help much appreciated?

P.S. I also got stuck in a field the other day (with my old alloys) and the car was resting on the bottom of the engine bay as the wheels span so much. It was then pulled out by a tractor, but as the toe eye snapped by the bar at the bottom near the front of the engine bay.

Breaking A 172 Replica
It is coming from bottom right, i.e. under my feet when I drive, and is worse when turning to right than left (when i go in straight line can't here it that much, and when I ease of there is a clunk?

Anyone?

Starlet GT-TURBO
on my car, (i know its not a clio) but when i had that it was somthing to do with cv joints, they had split and gone dry, also my brakes were shagged and that helped with the noise, what r ur brakes like?

Breaking A 172 Replica
Someone else mentioned the CV joints.

This would coincide with me getting stuck in a field as well.

How much did the CV joint cost to replace?

I think the brakes are ok tbh.

Seem responsive enough...

Starlet GT-TURBO
i think a cv joint isnt much because its just a bit of rubber, was like a tenner but obviously more to fit it, but my car is an import so i guess parts are a bit more expensive too

Breaking A 172 Replica
right ok got it sorted.

Basically the thread in the wheel hub has been destroyed so the wheel was wobbling a lot.

Got it sorted now.

Thanks for all your input guys (and from the last thread too).

Much appreciated

Sam