ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking/rattling noise possibly from exhaust

Clio 1.2 Dynamique51
Hi ive got a mk2 clio (51 plate) and sometime when pulling away there is a rattling/banging noise and sounds like it was coming from the front part of the exhaust. it is usually when pulling away on a hill (under strain) but not always. The problem started when i had the front part of my exhaust replaced. the garage cannot work out what the problem is.
Does anyone know????

Clio 182
Up until you said that you'd already had work done, it sounded exactly like mine. Worth checking the sprung bolts between the centre section and manifold, mine were totally shot and making the noises you describe.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique51
Also the exhaust emissions light has now come on. Is this because of the knocking noise from the exhaust?
Any help would be appreciated. It's getting quite annoying now!!

Clio 182
Had those symptoms too, could just be coincidence but definitely worth having a good look at that joint

RS172 Flamer
Could be the manifold heat shield, it may have came loose and knocked the lambda sensor. Or possibly the flexy pipe could have split

Clio 1.2 Dynamique51
i went to a quick fit on Monday and they told me one of the engine mounts needed replacing and the steering rack was also faulty. They told me to get it fixed at another garage. They then spent 2 and half hours on it today and dont think it is. The only thing they could find was a small noise coming from the gearbox when you span the front wheels but are not 100% sure. Does anyone know if this is the problem??