ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking rear beam

Clio 182 cup
So I fitted some gaz gha coilovers yesterday but now it’s lowered I’m finding the exhaust is touching and knocking on the rear beam when going over speed bumps and stuff.

Has anyone ever come up with a solution to stop this ? I thought about putting someone on the beam so it’s not metal on metal.

Tia

Clio 182 cup
@bozothenutter Rear 2 are brand new Ktec style mounts middle one is a standard one but is a little bit springy might try ordering a new middle one and see if that helps

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Sounds like a saggy mid mount. Lift the exhaust and whack tiewrap through it and see if that stops it till you get a poly one. If it's the damper and platform type Gaz shock at the rear check the spring is seated property on the platform as if its not it can rock while moving and cause a pinging knocking noise too.

182 clio
depending where your backbox meets centre section u can separate it a little to get some more clearance on beam

Clio 182 cup
Sounds like a saggy mid mount. Lift the exhaust and whack tiewrap through it and see if that stops it till you get a poly one. If it's the damper and platform type Gaz shock at the rear check the spring is seated property on the platform as if its not it can rock while moving and cause a pinging knocking noise too.

It’s a coilovers Type rear unit but I’ll try the middle mount. Any idea where to get a poly Middle mount ?

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
There was a guide on here many years ago on how to do it. I used an A4 marine grade d shackle, can't remember if it needs to be M6/7 or 8 you'd need to check the hanger bolt size and a powerflex exhaust mount. Think it was this one but not 100% I'll try get a look at it tomorrow for you.

Clio 182 cup
There was a guide on here many years ago on how to do it. I used an A4 marine grade d shackle, can't remember if it needs to be M6/7 or 8 you'd need to check the hanger bolt size and a powerflex exhaust mount. Think it was this one but not 100% I'll try get a look at it tomorrow for you.
If you could take a pic and let me know would be handy cheers pal