ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking when wheel spinning

Monaco 172
In the snowy weather recently i got the wheels spinning somewhat and i noticed that there was a nocking coming from the front passenger side wheel, just wanted to now if anyones had this or now what it mite be ?
Thanks

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
More than likely your mani banging on your heat shield. Not a major issue. I think the fix is new engine mounts but might be wrong :eek:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Is it normal though?? My car doesn't do it and iv not updated my mounts or anything? Agree it's nothing to worry about but surely it isn't normal?:eek:

182 FFAT
check the driveshafts. if they're ok then probably the mounts or one of them is gone.
I have the k-tec solid ones plus powerflex dog bone bushes and there is absolutely no knocking (before that I had massive knocking under acceleration in 1st gear).you'll just have to put up with the extra vibration though :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Axle tramp. The wheels bouncing up and down as they lose traction.

It's a french version of vtec.

320d
Axle tramp. The wheels bouncing up and down as they lose traction.

It's a french version of vtec.

Class.

LOL

Surely the easy way to fix this would be not to wheel spin? :rasp:

That would be an idea. I never wheelspin my car, unless its by accident if you get caught out in the rain or snow/ice. I used to wheelspin my 1.2 like mad. Dread to think how much strain it puts on the clutch, 'box and general drivetrain though. Hence why I don't do it in the 172.