ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking.

Clio rs 200 cup
Hi guys,
My 200 just carm back from the garage after having the flexi's repaired and new engine mounts. However when changing gear I get a knocking sound coming from what sounds like the drivers side. Would this be the exhaust possibly hitting the subframe or the engine mounts not being tightened correctly? :weary:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My thoughts would be when they've replaced the flexis, they now sit closer to the subframe than before.
The OE ones sits VERY close to the subframe anyway and a lot of people have this issue when they fit aftermarket manifolds.
The only real cheap option is to fit uprated dogbone and torque bar mounts. Powerflex sell a kit.
Don't bother with the main vibration mounts, they make the car horrific to drive. Just the upper and lower rotational mounts will do the job.

Clio rs 200 cup
Cheers pal, in the meantime this won't be doing too much damage?
Also does anyone know the best place to get the lower ball joints done for the front of the car, they appear to be knocking also?