ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

koni str-t shocks

Hi i am going to be changing my shocks very soon now i have come across four koni str-t's shocks for a few quid more than standard renault ones.Now iam wondering would these be a better match with my sportlines than the standard renault ones??

I know a few will say just get coilovers, but i like the height of the car on eibach sportlines and i don't track the car so seems pointless tbh.:eek:

cheers

these ones
2e627aaa216a3641005fe6ca158e.jpg

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
AVOID!!!! i fitted a set to a DCi 100 and they were the worst dampers ive ever came across in my life, infact i dont know why koni bothered devaluing their brand by making these. at least bilstein had the right idea with their oem range keeping them black and advertising them as standard replacements, these konis are advertised as a sport shock.

they make horrible noises over bumps too, sounds like loads of air in the fluid or something!

standard it is then, unless i can source some koni yellows from somewhere at a good price

I had been looking for yellows and found Larkspeed to be the cheapest for the 182, Ive not changed my shocks in the end.

im sure i read somewhere that the Koni str dampers are apparently like the yellows on the softest settings, whatever thats like haha

Megane RS 250
I'd go for Bilstein B6/B8 if only they were available for the clio...
I went for Koni Yellow and they're very good.