ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni top mounts

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Okay got some used Koni's. fitted the fronts the other day, they fitted fine!!

Went to fit the rears today and had an issue. The Renault top mounts are too small. So now I am thinking there should be some that came with the rear dampers? So as a temp measure I drilled out the Renault ones. The car isn't being driven at the moment so it's okay.

Can anyone confirm that there should be koni specific ones and know where I can get some replacements?

cheers,
Will

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I guess I can get them from koni direct? Does anyone know exactly what I need? Picture would be good as well so I can make sure I am not missing anything else!!!!!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Does anyone know where I can get a set of these, everyone I have tried has said they don't sell them??

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Just a set. If you have some that would be amazing. Let me know cost etc.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
So going to give this a bit of a bump!

does anyone have a spare set of rear koni top mounts I can buy from them?

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Sorry dude, I checked and had one shock with no rubbers.

No worries, thanks for looking tho. If I don't get any this week going to make some custom ones, based on the original clio parts. Might get some of the polybush material. My mate has a lath and bench drill so I will see what I can do!!

SQ5
I tried drilling original Renault ones as I had same problem as you, didn't work well.

Although with a bench drill you should have a good go at it.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
If you freeze them it will make it much easier. Well that's the plan anyway.