ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Konig seats in 03 clio - LONG POST

hiya guys,

just wondering if any of u guys have had experience at puttin konig seats in the new shape clio? I was takin my dynamic seats out the other day to run the audio cables up the car and I found a plug underneath which I disconnected/snapped bits off! (opps) anyways that wasnt a problem until I also noticed two wires runnin from the seat serperate to the main plug and going deep under the carpet...the two wires both had heat shrink over parts of the outer of the cable but I couldnt see a plug so I had to tilt the seat out the passingner door to finish the job...

Im thinkin about gettin new konig seats for the front but I want to know wot to do with these wires? dealer didnt really know so I ran evolution ltd who distribute konig seats in the UK and they didnt really know either?

any renault technicans on here know the answer? thanks guys

cheers guys...just to clarify then u guys reckon the plug is for the airbag then and the non-removable wires (which will need cuttin?) are for the seatbelt pre-tennsioners....is that right?

in which case how do I get around this situation...I dont want any warning lights on!

Mondeo STTDCI

Be careful when playing with those...I had a light comeone on my dash after I had tweaked those wires a little and it had to go back to Renault. Something i dont like doin as they always dirty up the interior (i have the extreme).

Yeah my extreme interior is easily marked, the passenger seat looks crap if you look closely, though they look more sporty than in RS models IMO.

I know a cup owner has installed the konigs..cant remember who though..

-Rob

Mondeo STTDCI

Interior really fukked me off getting dirty so i got a set of covers to protect it. seems a waste but helps them look clean at cruises and aids the re sell value

So robfenn can u remember who had those seats in their cup...Id luv it if u could give them a shout for me or give me their contact details so I can talk to him/her about it

cheers guys

p.s. any other suggestions about how to do it?

Cheers Daz much appreciated mate

Nowwwwwwwwwwwww........does anyone wanna take me through it step by step including wire colours and wot to disconnect / earth out / re-join so it all works purfectly! cum on guys I see a tutorial comin on here!

172 CUPs got the info....lets beat it out of him ;)

yeah I know wot ur saying hip_spasm but Id rather have a go myself as I learn as I go along then plus I dont have to pay someone to do it for me and I can say for sure a mint job was done and some spotty little oink didnt rag my car while I was gone!