ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

koni's or coilovers

Lancia Integrale
hi guys, looking to upgrade the suspension on the ph1 :) It will be my daily driver with the odd track day. Ive got a budget of £400 and was looking at the koni sport shocks with eibach springs but there are quite a few sets of coilovers for the same money around.. will the koni's be good enough on track? or are the coilovers in my price range a better choice? im not fussed about how low the car can go its all about the handling ;) thanks guys

Last edited:
have heard that koni yellows matched with eibach sportlines is an awesome setup better than coilovers around that budget.

225 Cup & Williams
Or save yourself a bit of money and buy brand new 172 cup shocks with eibach sportlines excellent on the road and would say this setup would be sufficient enough for the odd trackday. I really rate this setup for the money.

Lancia Integrale
Or save yourself a bit of money and buy brand new 172 cup shocks with eibach sportlines excellent on the road and would say this setup would be sufficient enough for the odd trackday. I really rate this setup for the money.
hadnt thought of this to be fair, will the cup suspension fit onto a ph1? and what improvment are the cup shocks over standard? thanks

260% JCW
konis and sportlines, wouldn't touch coil overs in that range.

Unless they're a decent 2nd hand set.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
£400 isnt enough money to do a decent job with aftermarket.

as stevo says 172 cup dampers all round and eibach sportline springs is what id be spending my cash on (its what i did spend my cash on!)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Isn't the Koni kit over £500, add the cost of Eibachs and you're talking FK Konigsport coilover kit territory.... Which use Koni dampers.

Lancia Integrale
£400 isnt enough money to do a decent job with aftermarket.

as stevo says 172 cup dampers all round and eibach sportline springs is what id be spending my cash on (its what i did spend my cash on!)

just out of interest what our the differences between cup shocks and standard 172 shocks? will i be ok fitting them to a ph1?

225 Cup & Williams
Yeah they fit I've get front and rear shocks on my ph1 as does Martin above. I couldn't tell you the difference in technical terms but they are stiffer and probably have different damping rates etc to normal 172 shocks. I got all for shocks four £190 from wests Renault and I think the eibach sportlines are around 150 iirc.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Will 172 cup shocks fit a ph2 172 also does anyone know or is bolt spacing different. ? ?

Lancia Integrale
Yeah they fit I've get front and rear shocks on my ph1 as does Martin above. I couldn't tell you the difference in technical terms but they are stiffer and probably have different damping rates etc to normal 172 shocks. I got all for shocks four £190 from wests Renault and I think the eibach sportlines are around 150 iirc.
sounds good! thanks guys really appreciate the advise-with the money i save i might be able to afford a rear arb ;)