ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec cat replacement!!!

just been on ktec racing site and there developing a catalytic convertor replacement,,not a decat,so you dont need to put your old one back on at mot time,will pass emission tests etc ,due out in mid july for mk2 172,then version for mk1 172 hmmmmm sounds good about £250.

if it stops my 4k buzz and gives 6-8 bhp increase may be worth it!!? cheaper than a renault original?

Sounds cool, but how does it pass emissions tests if there is no cat? I think Im being thick (again) but I dont get it. :confused: Im also naffed off with my jingling buzzy blowing exhaust that Renault insist is fine (its not) but I dont want to pay out on another Renault jobbie and get the same sh*t, so this may be of interest to me... If I understood what it was! Cheers,

Matt

Skoda Fabia vRS

it will be a sports cat

lots of exhaust manufacturers are startin to do em, there a lot more free flowing, but are still a cat

i think maybe they have a lower cell count, along with probably other differences

Renault Laguna Coupe

It wont cure the 4k rattle either - thats in the centre section. You need to replace the exhaust to fix that - get a Magnex or k-tec cat-back system.