ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec + DTH ITBS + My Car = Happy Happy Happy.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Nice upgrade!!!! And after all I don't think it is that expensive, I have spent more cash by now for mods that don't pay back this well

i seriously wish i took my car to k tec as m tech have had my car for over 4 months now , and mine got 155bhp and they struggled to get 180bhp out of it , so k tec have done a good job , and all in a day

53 Clio's & counting
if the lambda was faulty, surely part throttle will be incorrect?

Or is there a way round that?

Or was it replaced? lol

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Thinking of getting one of these kits. Worried about Noise a bit at Bedford.... A few of my friends have been kicked off track at Bedford in 205's with ITB's

Anyone been to Bedford with the Ktec kit on?

any problems?

is the ECU all sorted now?

dont want any dash light problems if possible.

ITB BG 182
When driving at full throttle it makes a loud noise but not ear splitting. I have 3 dash lights on and thats it, no blackpool lights here.

Jack Davey - my engine bay looks a mess as im not anal about cleaning it anymore. When i used to clean it i had to do it ever 2 or 3 weeks which is a ball ache.
So now i leave it to look like an engine bay, greasey, oily and trumpets :D

Russ - the lambda was melted when i arrived for what ever reason, yes it was changed for when it went on the rollers.

I would and will recommend anyone to get this kit from ktec only, its astounding and was a good drive in drive out package, even with me constantly talking to everyone there.

Its the best birthday present ive ever had.

Sounds good John, bet it makes a hellish noise at full chat + engine cleaning really is for people with nothing else to do ;)

Having not seen one of these kits fitted as of yet - what the situation with the slam panel etc - is the standard catch used or are aerocatches fitted/slam panel cut into?

DMS

A thirsty 172
if the lambda was faulty, surely part throttle will be incorrect?

Or is there a way round that?

Or was it replaced? lol

The lambda sensor was knackered before the work was done, which is probably why it had a low "before" figure. The lambda sensor was replaced with a brand new one at the same time as the de-cat was re-fitted.

Porkie, the dash lights are only a temporary problem. An update will be made available to owners to allow the ECU to correctly operate the dash, CC, speed limiter, trip computer etc. I may be going over to a Gen90 and back to a DBW throttle myself for this exact reason, and to prevent the "sticking throttle" issues I keep getting (crappy Ph1 TB's).

Anyway, I took a few quick phone pictures for John when he nipped round to my house earlier. Here they are:

imagees.jpg

imageqas.jpg

You'll notice in the two pictures above that the air filter is quite dirty already. Shows just how much crap could be getting into the engine without it fitted.

imagexz.jpg

New carbon bonnet with Aero catches.

imagedf.jpg

ITB BG 182
slam panel is gone, i would have had it removed anyway as my bonnet catch or cable was broke and it was pain for me to open it, good ridence.

340i
Carbon bonnet... Big spender! ;)

Looks a neat set-up, I can never help but think the aircon set up spolis the "look" of ITB's.

Get that rocker cover cleaned up and painted, will look ultimatly better :)

ITB BG 182
Ill leave the engine bay as is now, only time i will open it is when people want to see the ITB's, really though people will hear them before you see em sort of thing.

DMS

A thirsty 172
BTW fat man, just after you left earlier one of the neighbours came out and asked if me and you were having a "noise-off" :eek:

Clio 172 Ph1
193bhp IIRC, but it did under-perform when we got there making only 154bhp. It had a knackered lambda sensor and O2 sensor though, plus he still had the cat on the car when he arrived.
Can't remember what the final torque figure was. He's got copies of the graphs so they'll probably make an appearance soon enough.

Best bit about it is the noise though. Fairly quiet when cruising along and loud when you give it beans.

hey man nice job, so close to that 200/ton, remove the spare wheel;) Do you know what other sensors were replaced other than the Lambda? what is the O2 sensor? Mine is making pretty much the same as yours did before the mods, guy said the Air/Fuel was all wrong.

wish i could get this kinda thing done here in NZ

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Thinking of getting one of these kits. Worried about Noise a bit at Bedford.... A few of my friends have been kicked off track at Bedford in 205's with ITB's

Anyone been to Bedford with the Ktec kit on?

any problems?

is the ECU all sorted now?

dont want any dash light problems if possible.

205's with cams can be VERY loud...

Engine warning lights out now, traction is only one left. (this is being worked on)
AC works with GEN90 now too.

Noise wise we will have a look I think at the drive by noise with our ITB car, the filter does absorb a lot of the noise too.

KTR

ITB BG 182
AC works better than before in my car for some reason :S I find it funny how the trip computer is a little mixed up like the gallons of fuel used is counting my miles and miles left till filling up is minus 500 some thing but i dont use it that often.

Its good to see that KTR can offer the updates via their own web page and also supply the cable for it so it can be done at home rather than people like me taking a 500 mile round trip.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Trip is last on the list to be done...

there has been a lot of custom strategies designed for this ecu that are unique to the GEN90 to make the car run better.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
205's with cams can be VERY loud...

Engine warning lights out now, traction is only one left. (this is being worked on)
AC works with GEN90 now too.

Noise wise we will have a look I think at the drive by noise with our ITB car, the filter does absorb a lot of the noise too.

KTR

Excellent response.

Thanks.

I did ring up K-tec on friday. Spoke to a 'Sean or Shaun' about my concerns about noise limits of a trackday.

Was actually quite offended as he kinda 'laughed at me' and that he has never heard of that and its only the noise coming out the back that I should be worried about.

I KNOW thats just not true. I've done ALOT of trackdays over the years.... loud induction noise IS a problem at tracks with tight limits.

I will be very interested once engine lights and trip stuff is 100% sorted and the noise issue is cleared up.

Thanks again.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
I have only had problems with ITB inlet noise with a cam'd engine when the induction harmonics make a very different sound.

however they were not running filters and havnt had a problem in the last couple of years from inlet systems.

I am sure Sean didnt mean it quite that way, as I say our experience is usually the exhaust is the main problem... but as above.... to be checked.

KTR

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
I did ring up K-tec on friday. Spoke to a 'Sean or Shaun' about my concerns about noise limits of a trackday.

Was actually quite offended as he kinda 'laughed at me' and that he has never heard of that and its only the noise coming out the back that I should be worried about.

If this is the case, please accept my personal apologies, my experience of 205's is limited and have not experienced this issue first hand. My father built one on twin webbers several years ago, which was cam'd and was still ok on any event we ran it, although this did not include Bedford.

Sean.

There was an ITB'd clio of some sorts at Bedford during my last outing - he had no problems as far as I know of.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I have only had problems with ITB inlet noise with a cam'd engine when the induction harmonics make a very different sound.

however they were not running filters and havnt had a problem in the last couple of years from inlet systems.

I am sure Sean didnt mean it quite that way, as I say our experience is usually the exhaust is the main problem... but as above.... to be checked.

KTR

no worries. thanks :)

ITB BG 182
Just to give a slight update that i should have done last weekend.
I went to see a friend who has gone on some rolling road last weekend and i was offered a go for free.
My car made 204bhp and i cant remember the torque. I dont have a picture of the graph as i left it there last weekend and went back on saturday to pick it up but its been lost.
I will stick to the lower rating of 193 though as that is the only one recorded on paper.

182 cup
By installing this kit do you have to lose the slam panel and bonet catch - having to go for aero catches??

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Any updates on the trip computer and traction control with the gen90?

Als, any more figures from 1*2's that have had the kit done?

53 Clio's & counting
Is this making the same kind of power and torque as the JMS set up?

The problem is each companies conversions have not been tested on the same car on the same day, it will always be tough to comapre power figures from different RR's even when they are of the same make

Ph 1 172
So what's the complete drive in drive out cost including fitting, vat and whatever else. ITB's look fantastic do they make the acceleration more neck snapping so to speak?

53 Clio's & counting
kinda, it improves power everywhere, and now in mine 1st gear is over in a flash and it can spin through 2nd if your pushing on.

You can feel the extra power put it that way!

DMS

A thirsty 172
By installing this kit do you have to lose the slam panel and bonet catch - having to go for aero catches??

Yes AFAIK.

Any updates on the trip computer and traction control with the gen90?

Still not available yet but I've been assured the firmware update to sort out the dash lights and other standard ECU functionality is on it's way. K-Tec have given me the cable already so once the update is out I'll attempt to apply it to both mine and John's cars.

Is this making the same kind of power and torque as the JMS set up?

Same ballpark and similar results, but as has already been mentioned all rolling roads are different.

ITB's look fantastic do they make the acceleration more neck snapping so to speak?

Not neck snapping no (you want boost for that ;-) ), but still a huge improvement. Power and torque are increased all over the rev range. Well worth the money IMO.