ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Exhaust adjustment? Knocking on rear axle?

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
My exhaust seems to be knocking on the rear axle. I have a ktec stealth but I'm sure it's not properly aligned so was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for somewhere to take the car for the exhaust checked and adjusted if needed. Local to Newcastle ideally. I do have new hangers but it keeps slipping off the middle one. I've split the middle one within 100 miles of use as well. When jacked up the exhaust is about 1.5 inch from the beam itself hence unsure if aligned properly.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Put a pure motor sport solid rear exhaust mount on that should do it

If you mean a Prima Racing one, @j4mes-c s, hang on until the new year and i'll have another batch of my own solid ones available cheaper.
This Xmas thing really stuffs up production!

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Pm me info please. Just replaced both mounts in the past 2 weeks but open to see what it is.

Could I fit sound proofing material to the exhaust and rear beam where they're close to cut down on resonance and impacting.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Pm me info please. Just replaced both mounts in the past 2 weeks but open to see what it is.

Could I fit sound proofing material to the exhaust and rear beam where they're close to cut down on resonance and impacting.

I make these.

It's made from 70 shore polyurethane (for comparison, powerflex purple wishbone bushes are rated at 75 shore)
I've been using one on my daily for the past, there's a few guys on the CSOC fb group using them and I've sold a few on here recently.
It does away with the stupid rubbery spider in the mount and is a block of polybush that I can either pre-drill centrally, or leave blank for you to drill yourself (giving you the option of setting backbox height and positioning etc.)

I do them for £35 delivered (with a £5 refund on return of your old one) or a pair for £60 delivered (182's etc)

c9c2bb57107a858bc1566535184f0f05.jpg

12ce761731c81646400bde51350c7c2f.jpg

Just buy a powerflex exh008 mount off ebay for about 6 quid.

Cut the old mount rubber out and push the powerflex mount in and either cable tie or screw it in place.

Drill 12mm hole and job done

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Could I put some soundproofing or something on the rear beam and exhaust where they touch, or nearly touch to reduce the knocking and vibrations? As a short term temporary solution?

dan's cast offs.
no, will make it even closer and be worse.

get a standard exhaust mount, stand a 21mm nut on it's side in the bottom section of the mount and then fill all the gaps with windscreen adhesive. leave it to go off and it will be fine then all you have to do is re hang the exhaust.

also check engine mounts as when they are sort the engine will drop, lowers the angle of the exhaust in turn bringing it closer to the rear beam.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Could also be that the middle mount has gone making the exhaust bounce too much. What sort of condition is yours in ?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Did you ever fix this problem @j4mes-c as i had this to,but then got the exhaust adjusted and it went,but now since i fitted coilovers and its obvs lower its knocking again but only over speed bumps.So guess it needs re adjusting.

monaco 172
My ktec stealth doesn't knock but it's just not stealth at all lol.

Re adjusted the band but I just can't get the exhaust to be stealth, it's so annoying. The tail pipe hangs about and inch below the bumper.
Next step is a powerflex mount but I didn't really want to do it as I read they cause resonance through the boot floor