ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec itb throttle body kit fitting

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Hi everyone basicly all weekend ive been eyeing up the throttle body kit on the ktec website Im tempted to buy the kit with the ecu aswell but want to save money on fitting them my self! Im no mechanic but see they have a video and step by step on ktec to fit these are they that hard to fit ect? Or shall I pay out the extra to get them to fit them for me?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
NO NO NO NO!!!!!

Don't pay them, you are best off just buying the kit and getting one of the traders to fit and map your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
  ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Lol ok ok! Out of interest why not? Do they charge to much for fitting the kit or? The gen ecu the kit comes with doesent that come already mapped? Once ive got the balls to press the buy button ill contact him :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Take some time and do a search.

It might have a base map to get the car running but it won't have a live map to suit your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Iceberg 172cup
My car has gone to ktec for mapping as I gave up trying to get in touch with mike woodford,
'Ill phone you back straight away'
Got the impression he isn't interested in working with the gen90 might be wrong tho.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I have an ex ktec turbo 172 and it was brilliant around cadwell and as a daily. I regularly email David who replies in good time and is a top bloke... Because they do so many cars you are more likely to hear the odd negative comment but most of them are from people with no experience of the company. . thumbs up from me. .