ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec lowered my valver...

and now I cant park on my bloody drive...

But id reccomend them to anyone, excellent service, drop you into town while they are working, etc.

Thing they have dropped it 55rear and 35 front, looks good, handles good, but I definetly cant get over those pink speed humps things.

Anybody else suffer problems with there exhausts etc and whats the chance of knocking it off etc??

I think the fronts fine just the back seems to be to low, maybe have to get them to hoist it back up to a 25mm drop ( im sure they said thats possible) cos its doing my head in already!

Whats the score with back seat passengers aswell??

Revels Mum & Sister

Mines about as low as yours. Never had a problem with speed bumps. Although depends what exhaust you have. And Passengers been 5 up no worrys!

Reckon a visit to thick fit is in order see if they can get my exhaust as high as possible, its standard at the moment, maybe thats the problem...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Those pink ones where there are 3 across teh road, u have to have a wheel on each otherwise it hits the bottom of the car!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Its normally the centre section which scrapes on bumps. If its a standard centre section thats why!

Willy2

i got mine lowered at rtec, 35mm front springs and the back lowered the same, the thing was when i got in it it was too low at the back, i looked in the rear view and all i saw was the roof lining, so i went back and they raised it 15mm and it is much better. I replaced the standard shocks, but new standards all round, the exhaust does knock a bit but i might have to re hang it. I would advice you get it raised a bit otherwise you may get some scraping with rear passengers

hee hee, mine scrapes on my drive:( its about 40mm lower, looks great though but itll get through my exhaust in no time!! some speed humps are bad too, some of them are well nasty, far too high and sharp.

Its the standard shocks still...

Just went into kwik fit they cant raise ther exhaust any higher,its the middle section between the cat and back box thats hitting, who does a replacement for these then??

I definetly think its to low at the rear, if they couls raise it a bit it would be alot better, almost looks like the shocks have blown and its just sat on the floor. Thick fit couldnt get my car off the ramps, in the end they had to drive it onto bits of wood.

I think the solution is to get it rasied back up a little - but whats the choices? presumably they have to raise it by a certain amount, i think the guy said they could only do a 25mm drop on the rear ( so thats back up 35mm!!) if i wanted ( wish id bloody had that now!!)

Whats the damage likely to be for it to go back up?? (£££)

find someone who knows what theyre doing and itll be around 50-60quid or take it back to KTEC. Its best to have the rear arch sitting level with the top of the tyre or the top of the alloy. Not sure how many twists of the torsion bar correlate to millimeter measurements. I think mine was one spline and it sits with the top of the tyre level with the arch.

Before my car was lowered the tyre was halfway into the arch, as standard!? the guy I bought it off was big brass with renault and said it had some sort of uprated suspention but not lowered...

Ive used it tonight and had next to no problems really, feels like the back shocks are shafted nayway so i think a visit to Ktec is in order to get new shocks, possibly a new pipe and / or get it raised a tad...

Had 3 passengers 2nite and it was a little bit dodgy with the exhaust nockng but still survibed - thought it might kill it.

I will ring Ktec monday, I have full faith in them!!