ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Recessed Exhaust Fitting

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Hi, I've just bought a Ktec recessed for my 172 cup, just wondered if anyone had any tips on doing the bumper cut? I've got a carbon trim to go on too. Any advice on getting the positioning right before I go hacking away at my bumper would be great, cheers!

monaco 172
I would mount the exhaust first so it sits under the bumper and then work out the cut from there.

My ktec exhaust came with an adjustable strap around the backbox so you could then alter the height

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I did similar, fit the exhaust then start nibbling away at the bumper. I made a template of the cutout from a piece of card from the exhaust trim to know that I was aiming for

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
cheers guy, yeah that's how I had it in my head, there's not many cups about don't want to make a mess of my bumper D:

My cup had a cut bumper but std exhaust when I got it. I replaced it with a ktec system so decided to go for the straight out tail pipe as it was bound to line up with the existing cut wasn't it. See here for the answer :ROFLMAO:

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/iceberg-172-goes-sprinting.825284/post-11827993

I have an old knackered front bumper so managed to cut a piece to fill the gap and from more than a couple of feet you won't notice. I do also have an uncut bumper that needs a bit of paint if/when I ever decide to back to standard.