ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC STEALTH OR GDI STEALTH?..

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We have the stealth systems in stock available for next day delivery.

Thank you for all the positive feedback guys.

David.

Ph1 172
IIRC the KTEC one is made by Janspeed and the GDI one is made by Piper.

Both are pretty good exhausts from reputable companies. Better waiting for some opinions from owners who have them on their cars though.

You could always go the custom route like me. I paid £230 fitted for a powerflow stealth, nice and quiet:cool: Thats got to be a £100 saving on the systems you mention.:)

I paid £280 for mine :mad:

ValverInBits
apart from Mark cup, who has a Ktec stealth with a decat?
and what do they think of it?

Is that hijack? Im not sure. Apologies if tis

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
IIRC the KTEC one is made by Janspeed and the GDI one is made by Piper.

Both are pretty good exhausts from reputable companies. Better waiting for some opinions from owners who have them on their cars though.

You could always go the custom route like me. I paid £230 fitted for a powerflow stealth, nice and quiet:cool: Thats got to be a £100 saving on the systems you mention.:)

I paid £280 for mine :mad:

Got mine for £250, from topgear in Burnley, should have been £270 but i mentioned Cliosport and asked nicely for a discount and I got one. It lookssounds a good job aswell.:D

PH2 172
I think im guna go for the ktec stealth alot of people sayin there good any more people with reviews on the ktec stealth and do they come with any qurantee incase it f**ks up as a few people sayin theres has f**ked up after awhile by rattling etc.

PH2 172
have u had many problems with it and does it sound nice but not drwony on motorways. Also i noticed the ktec stealth the hook that goes onto the rubber mount is clamped around the backbox does that at all rattle.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Agree'd!

Ph1 stealth was lovely! Made by Tiger!
Ph2 is horrible! Raspy and sounds cheap!

GDpie - no sure, didn't like the recess one but stealth is prob fine. Sounded ok.

Sorry, but our system does not sounds raspy. We could make it sound raspy be removing the centre silencer but tha is the main reason the silencer is there.

And just to throw a spanner in the works for those comparing our stealth to the GDI stealth, not all have been supplied by Piper ;)

David.

I'm also sorry but it does. I had one (decatted) on a 172 Cup, and it was the most raspy exhaust i've ever heard. Mine lated a week, it was embarrasing :dead:

Mondeo TDCI 130
^^ but the one i heard the other day sounded great, with a cat, im sure your system was faulty!

PH2 172
Now this is becoming hard people sayin ktec stealths are really good and some are sayin there to raspy.

53' 172 Cup
trust with a decat the system is very loud and very raspy. with a cat it is really nice sounding, fine on motorway and not boomy at all.

Lionel Richie
the k-tec mk2 stealth sounds weird IMO (this was mattty's car at bedford) not in a bad way, just weird

i've fitted a few and its a very heavy exhaust!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
love my k-tec mk2 stealth! still not sitting quite right but then again i havent really tackled it as yet. like the raspy note as its unique and not too loud. tackles the motorway ok aswell so i was presently surprised. done me well so far.

Clio 172 mk2
I've got the Mk1 steatlh and am very happy with it....the quality looks good and it's been on the car now for about 2 years withoutu falling off:D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sorry, but our system does not sounds raspy. We could make it sound raspy be removing the centre silencer but tha is the main reason the silencer is there.

And just to throw a spanner in the works for those comparing our stealth to the GDI stealth, not all have been supplied by Piper ;)

David.

I'm also sorry but it does. I had one (decatted) on a 172 Cup, and it was the most raspy exhaust i've ever heard. Mine lated a week, it was embarrasing :dead:

Sorry David, not to contradict your good sales here but the ph1 was a much nicer sounding system, granted it didn't make a power increase but coupled with the decat and maxogen made it one of the best sounding exhausts on the market!
Heard 2 ph2 stealths and as said above it sounded cheap and nasty! Big shame really!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Sorry David, not to contradict your good sales here but the ph1 was a much nicer sounding system, granted it didn't make a power increase but coupled with the decat and maxogen made it one of the best sounding exhausts on the market!
Heard 2 ph2 stealths and as said above it sounded cheap and nasty! Big shame really!

They must have had straight through decats fitted as the Mk2 stealth on my car, and the ones we have fitted, have not sounded at all raspy. If you take more silencing out of the system, ie. with a staright through decat, it can give you a rasp to the exhaust note.

The overall design between the mk1 and mk2 systems is now pretty much the same (albeit with improved quality and construction) and a few of the earlier mk2 systems, which had the centre section rattle, could sound raspy due to the design of the centre section. These were the ones we replaced under warranty and now the current design of centre section silencer works alot better and does not suffer from any type of rattling since the redesign several months ago.

David.

clio 200 F4Rt
i run a mk2 ktec stealth on my 172. it is decatted, and sounds very raspy.

kinda sounds like an M3 at points!

but then i kinda like it like that!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I wish I had a Mk2 from what fmp_ has said.

No you don't! ;)

David - Not knockin it, i'm sure the quality is better, understandably that's what you guys are tryin to achieve. But for me the noise of the ph1 was brilliant! I'd hunt out for another if and when i buy a cup as a track car!

53' 172 Cup
if anyone hasnt tried it yet try and find a nice long tunnel and gas it all the way through!!! i did when i had the decat as well and it sounds like nothing else!!!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
When I was hunting for my 172 I viewed an 03 FF with the mk2 K-Tec stealth on it - sounded awesome (was it's only mod too)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
That powerflow stealth doesn't look stainless/quality at all

Yeah it looks crap in the pic, but its been on 18 months and its never been cleaned or wiped over yet. A bit mucky would be an understatement. Needs a bit of autosol on it.

Weekend work lined up then, I'll post results when they're done....just for you;)

Clio 1.8 8v RSi
the k-tec mk2 stealth sounds weird IMO (this was mattty's car at bedford) not in a bad way, just weird

i've fitted a few and its a very heavy exhaust!

U mean heavy in weight? Is it that loud? Im after this exhaust but these sound clips on youtube aernt really enough as when i recorded my old car it sounded nothing like what it really does! Im after a tuned but loud exhaust (you could say chavy boy racer loud!) My friends got a 206gti, shes got a back box off a subaru impreza, and the center part from a Punto gt turbo. Im thinking that maybe thats the way to go but i dont want to go buy random exhaust parts and it to sound sh*t? If the K-Tec is not for me...what is? A Magnex system? Cheers,
Sambo

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
i've fitted a few and its a very heavy exhaust![/QUOTE]

Heavy? Someone needs to go doen the gym ;)

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
OK, just compared weights as we have a Cup in having a stealth system fitted.

Standard, rotten system 13.6kg

KTR stealth exhaust system 13.5kg

Crusty, all our systems are covered by a lifetime guarantee so if there was a problem it would be covered.

No we do not make the Mk1 any more as the Mk2 is a superior system.

David.