ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC STEALTH OR GDI STEALTH?..

clio 200 F4Rt
any sure fire way of stopping it sag too??

no matter how many times i adjust mine, clamp every thing super tight, its sags a week or two later.

i guess having only 1 mount on the rear box dont help.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

no matter how many times i adjust mine, clamp every thing super tight, its sags a week or two later.

Im having the same problems with my wife.

I think you just have to learn to live with it.........

PH2 172
OK, just compared weights as we have a Cup in having a stealth system fitted.

Standard, rotten system 13.6kg

KTR stealth exhaust system 13.5kg

Crusty, all our systems are covered by a lifetime guarantee so if there was a problem it would be covered.

No we do not make the Mk1 any more as the Mk2 is a superior system.

David.

The weight is better than the old standard system then I think im goin to be very tempted and get a ktec stealth there is alot of good reviews on here for them al iv got to do now is save up the money that wont be long. KTEC do u give a cliosport discount

PH2 172

I seen a post somewhere on here that shows a pic of someone who bodged the exhaust mount it does look pretty good i think they got 3 pieces of copper piping and cut them to fit in between the gaps then tiestrapped them someone on here must know.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
That powerflow stealth doesn't look stainless/quality at all

I said I'd clean it up a bit.:cool:

BEFORE.....
Powerflow_1.gif

AFTER....:eek:
Polished_PF3.gif

Polished_PF2.gif

Polished_PF1.gif

Shed.
Rob had a stealth, i couldnt hear myself think, and talking to him when he was about 50 cm from me was like talking to someone in a night club on the dance floor :rasp: very very boomy exhaust. Never heard the GDI apart from on a video. So i cant really compare.

It did sound the dogs nuts when revving the balls off it though, + the exhaust quality is ment to be super.

Heres a clip of the thing.

th_SV_A0009.jpg

th_SV_A0012.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Rob had a stealth, i couldnt hear myself think, and talking to him when he was about 50 cm from me was like talking to someone in a night club on the dance floor :rasp: very very boomy exhaust. Never heard the GDI apart from on a video. So i cant really compare.

It did sound the dogs nuts when revving the balls off it though, + the exhaust quality is ment to be super.

Heres a clip of the thing.

th_SV_A0009.jpg

th_SV_A0012.jpg

Whats with the furry dice?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

I seen a post somewhere on here that shows a pic of someone who bodged the exhaust mount it does look pretty good i think they got 3 pieces of copper piping and cut them to fit in between the gaps then tiestrapped them someone on here must know.

Yes you will get a 5% discount on the cost of the system making the cost of the system £333.76.

David.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Cheers for the thumbs up Neil:approve:, for £230 notes it not a bad system. I can hear myself perfectly well at all speeds, only a bit noisier than standard, it makes a nice note when yr gunning it and its still in decent nick after a year and a half.

You should hear it at 130 clicks on the autobahn:cool:

My choice was made for me when my original renault one literally snapped in two.:dapprove: Had to get one next day and Powerflow at Doncaster fitted me straight in. I'm sure this wouldnt give the 'maximum' performance gains of either the KTEC or GDI, which have probably had more design and testing put into them, but having driven a few clios with 'better' systems on, mine certainly isnt down on power either.

PH2 172

Yes you will get a 5% discount on the cost of the system making the cost of the system £333.76.

David.

Yeah Thats cool before i do make my mind up and buy one of ur stealths it wont be boomy at all inside the car and when on motorways. I won tbe able to order it for at least 3 weeks maybe sooner gota sort out the money what do i do ring up ktec and ask for you cheers.

Suzuki Swift Sport

David.

Yeah Thats cool before i do make my mind up and buy one of ur stealths it wont be boomy at all inside the car and when on motorways. I won tbe able to order it for at least 3 weeks maybe sooner gota sort out the money what do i do ring up ktec and ask for you cheers.

I did around 300 miles this weekend with mixed driving (quite a lot of motorway) with the ktec on, and it wasnt annoying at all on the motorway :) defo liking it!

PH2 172

I did around 300 miles this weekend with mixed driving (quite a lot of motorway) with the ktec on, and it wasnt annoying at all on the motorway :) defo liking it!

Cheers for that mate is the fit and quality really good

Suzuki Swift Sport
It fits fine yeah, ive got no knocks or rattles... Im going to adjust it up a little as you can slightly see the tailpipe sticking down but there is plenty of clearance to move it up so cant see any probs :) as I say only down side to me is that when its cold it sounds a little bit raspy but I dont really rev it much until the car is fully warmed through anyway!

Clio 172 mk2
K-tec gets better with age when it cokes up a bit....mine used to resonate at around 55mph but now it's sounds much better.

306 GTI-6
Just had my K-Tec stealth fitted to my 1.6. SOunds awesome, but isn't noisy when just cruising. Nice burble when idleing too. Only thing I would say is that at the moment its sitting a little low, so not exactly stealth, but will get this sorted out sometime in next few weeks.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Just had my K-Tec stealth fitted to my 1.6. SOunds awesome, but isn't noisy when just cruising. Nice burble when idleing too. Only thing I would say is that at the moment its sitting a little low, so not exactly stealth, but will get this sorted out sometime in next few weeks.

Can you get a vid of it, im toying with the idea of geting 1 for my RSi.