ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec ultra performance exhaust

Clio 182 cup
Hi, just posting this for a mate as he has the above system without centre silencer with standard cat on a 182, basically he gets "whooshy" noise from under the car when flooring it but poodle around he doesn't get the noise. Is this normal as he checked for exhaust blow but it doesn't seem to be blowing. Is this how they are????

monaco 172
Whooshy lol. Could be blowing as he floors it as the system will all move as the engine and exhaust is all suspended on rubber mounts

Clio 182 cup
Think it is blowing as he put some exhaust paste round the 2 connectors (cat 2 exhaust) and he could hear it spitting lol from the clamp coz he left the car idling to set the paste. What about heatshield bandage over the 2 joins then clamping up. I had a pug 206 gti with the same exhaust joint and there crap!!

monaco 172
What paste you using? If it's that White crap that sets hard then I imagine that's your problem.

Take the system apart and reseal it inside and outside the joints with some black high temp silicon

Clio 182 cup
It was that holts stuff from halfords. I told my mate to get another new clamp and some silicone stuff and seal and attatch the mid section on first, let it dry/set then put the rest of the system on lol. Seems such a pain in the arse lol!

330i. E30 Touring.
What this man said... Always use silicone, all these exhaust pastes / fire paste etc. are shite.

You just have to use a shitload.

Most of my old exhausts have looked like a plasterer's been juggling under the car, but never had an exhaust blow, lol.

clio 182
I get a similar noise/drown when I reach the speed a want around 60/70 for example but as soon as I add rev's it goes. Could this be blowing too?

clio 182
exhuastsUK wanna cut the backbox open and put a baffle in to sort my problem and charge £50-100 for the pleasure...think the term "get fisted" comes to mind! ill live with it, till i can afford to waste 300ish quid on a new exhaust

Clio 182 cup
Did they say it was blowing at the cat/mid section part? Better off saving for a new system if it's a standard exhaust!

Clio 182 cup
Oh rite. Me and my mate just got a new clamp and put some loctite sealant on the joint, still getting a raspy noise under heavy load around 3-4k, maybe it's the characteristic of the exhaust?

clio 182
Who knows? Mines not started tapping n some vibrating on it. It's either the middle of the exhaust heat shield or the middle box, as the middle box is second hand and am hoping it's not fooked

Clio 182 cup
Just discovered the blow is coming from where the manifold meets the cat so looks like he'll need a fitting kit :/

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cold someone link we to some silicone?

Or is it the bathroom stuff?

clio 182
I found out today my middle section box is fooked! All black shite n horse hair (so I've been told by Kwik fit) in my exhaust tips. Good job I kept my straight thru middle section. Just need to get it fitted now. Just don't like I the loudness of it.

clio 182
its not my middle section after all. its my 4month old Cat from exhaustUK!!! ffs, a ring call is in need i think!

Clio 182 cup
Is ur cat buggered then or is it a blow from the cat/manifold joint. My 182 has now started 2 tick/tap on idle now FFS!!!!

clio 182
Everytime I accelerate I get a tapping noise. Getting it looked at on Saturday but gota drive from scunny to Sheffield on it n don't wanna do any more damage got a video of what it sounds like in another thread