ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec will it quieten down?

GW RS200
Had a stealth fitted today. Not quite sure what I was expecting - the low down burble at idle is pretty cool but take it anywhere over 2k revs and it's sooo boomy. Now I have to drive everywhere residential in 4th or 5th to avoid looking like a t**t! Oh and no perceptible increase in power; not that I was expecting to feel one particularly. Either this thing is going to have to queiten down, I'm going to have to get used to it, or I've just made a rather expensive mistake! :-0

S.

williams 2
ive heard quite good things about the sound of them systems but a few comments on restrictiveness is an issue??

M2 Competition
Lol, theyre dead quiet!

Ive just taken mine off, shame you coulda had that.

Only tend to be loud when dead warm or caning it, round town will barely notice it mate.

quietest aftermarket exhaust you'll get imo mate!

grow some cajones... lol

RS Meg 175
Hold on mate is it a 172/182 i take it, as the 1.2 upwards systems are supposed to be pretty loud, you dont no loud untill youve heard a rage backbox :| jebus christ almighty! lol

Clio 172 mk2
lol....good marketing Fred

I have to admit I am pretty surprised at how loud the Stealth is.....if that's one of the quieter exhausts out there I dread to think how loud some of the others are.

80MPG BEEZA
i had a 5" rage exhaust on my old clio (back in the boy racer days) and it was loud as hell it got so anoyying anyways got a magnex on and its really nice and quite with a nice subtle tone

Chocolate Bar™
if its just the inside sound your concerned about get sound dedening ;) wont get any quieter i'm afraid

GW RS200
24 hours and four drives later I'm getting quite used to it - almost sounds normal. Guess it was just the shock of the new!! Incidentally my insurance company wants to whack about £60 quid on top of my 500 quid premium; is this about the going rate for an exhaust mod? (10%) seems a bit steep to me for what amounts to no performance gain and no change to the appearance of the car (stealth) :-/

Steve

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i wouldn't have bothered telling them if its a stealth tbh

Rik

Flame Red 172 Ph2
I though my car had turned into a group N rally car today but its just a b@stard big hole in the mid section. Will be £270 lighter tomorrow and I've only had it 9 days.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Renault, eh?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^^ just luck of the draw mate. same with any car, you cpuld buy an audi and find in a week the exhausts hangin down or the suspension is on its knees :)

M2 Competition
gt_gaz said:
i wouldn't have bothered telling them if its a stealth tbh

With my stealth i told them it looks same as old exhaust, and doesnt have a tailpipe, but is made of stainless steel by an aftermarket company so it wont rust.

No lies told, all declared, and no increase to premium.

That was with elephant by the way.

Rik

Flame Red 172 Ph2
russ9898 said:
^^ just luck of the draw mate. same with any car, you cpuld buy an audi and find in a week the exhausts hangin down or the suspension is on its knees :)

Aye, its just done 30k so as I understand its about this time they go. Never happens on pay day though, eh?

I def wouldn't want it sounding like that all the time so will be def keeping it standard!

GW RS200
rex said:
With my stealth i told them it looks same as old exhaust, and doesnt have a tailpipe, but is made of stainless steel by an aftermarket company so it wont rust.

No lies told, all declared, and no increase to premium.

That was with elephant by the way.

Thanks Rex,

Sounds like a good idea; I'll give it a shot tomorrow as I haven't actually declared it yet - just got a quote last week on a performance exhaust, so now I can say that I got put off and just went for a 'standard' replacement...

Cheers Mate,

S.

GW RS200
Christ they were having none of it. "if it's not a direct replacement (and by it being aluminium, as far as they were concerned it wasn't) it has to go down as a mod". Goddamnit...

S.