ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR ITB's - Throttle cable

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Hi there,

i've just finished the install of my itbs and was wondering if there was a way to install the throttle cable without have to cut and join the cable, it doesn't seem the safest option

Hi there,

i've just finished the install of my itbs and was wondering if there was a way to install the throttle cable without have to cut and join the cable, it doesn't seem the safest option

A new cable is about £18 from memory.

The guy who had my kit before me had bodged it and I couldn't leave it!

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
A new cable is about £18 from memory.

The guy who had my kit before me had bodged it and I couldn't leave it!

i was told by k-tec that i need to split the cable and join together with a solder less nipple

i don't really fancy the cable pinging out on me

172 cup, Impreza P1
Can you not just feed it through the grommet behind the pedal box. Thats where I fed mine through when i had a cable throttle body on my old turbo conversion.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Can you not just feed it through the grommet behind the pedal box. Thats where I fed mine through when i had a cable throttle body on my old turbo conversion.
i have it all fed though, but to get the cable into the yoke on the bodies it requires you to cut the cable and then join it up with a solderless nipple, its just something that i feel a bit uneasy about doing.