ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Tuning Packages! WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 FF Ph2
Has everyone seen this? Thinking about Supercharging the Cup for that sort of money and they are just down the road, anyone had any experience of the Supercharged stuff?

OK it's 4K but, 80BHP in the Cup would go down real well!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Whatever floats your boat mate. Spending £4k on a Clio is mental imo. But then if you intend to keep the car forever I suppose I can see some logic.

172 FF Ph2
I think the Cup will live on as does the Williams, so it's leave it unmolested or go for power and use it on the track etc, it kinda owes me nothing so it's the ideal op...

Indeed it is very tempting, Im probably doing it myself.

Just be weary of what people say about doing it, people do it for different reasons and are in completely different situations.

And at the end of the day, people only shed their OPINIONS, doesn't mean they are right or wrong.

172 FF Ph2
If the kits are DIY, how much is it for you guys to fit? Please take into consideration you do all my servicing etc... oh and I had an exhaust a top mounts on the Cup in the last 2 months! :)

172 FF Ph2
Not specific to the ktec kit, but worth a read to get other peoples opinions. Your decision and your money at the end of the day though:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=475451

Totally see where you are coming from, but the Cup owes me nothing (in my head!) I want three years out of it at Combe, the basics are already done (brakes, bushes etc...) it'll still be worth what 2k then? so 2k for three years of WTF motoring, not too bad.

P.S. I am my own accounting legend!! ha ha!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We will have a 172 Supercharged demo car available at the end of the month so you can try before you buy! :D

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
If the kits are DIY, how much is it for you guys to fit? Please take into consideration you do all my servicing etc... oh and I had an exhaust a top mounts on the Cup in the last 2 months! :)

Fitting prices are yet to be 100% confirmed but you would be looking in the region of £500 for fitting including the dyno set up and custom map.

David.

As said before its personal choice. £2k cup + £4k sc kit, = very fast car.

A decent cup for 2k? Id love to find one of those... 3.5k -to- 4k+ for a decent one from the ones ive seen and looked at. So 4k + 4k + fitting, 8.5k?

He may drive it and 'want' it, but if he went and drove a really fast car (i.e. not a S/C cup) for around 8.5k he would most probably want that too. Plus I can think of alot of cars that can be modified to a value of 8.5k (acctually less too) and be a silly amount quicker than a S/C cup...

All IMO of course.

172 FF Ph2
A decent cup for 2k? Id love to find one of those... 3.5k -to- 4k+ for a decent one from the ones ive seen and looked at. So 4k + 4k + fitting, 8.5k?

He may drive it and 'want' it, but if he went and drove a really fast car (i.e. not a S/C cup) for around 8.5k he would most probably want that too. Plus I can think of alot of cars that can be modified to a value of 8.5k (acctually less too) and be a silly amount quicker than a S/C cup...

All IMO of course.

Get ya point there but, my Cup was £1800 9 months ago with more of a smoking problem than I have!, new bottom end etc, done. Driven it the last 8 months (£150 month on another motor, maybe) owes me nothing. Still be worth £2k when I sell it. Simples

Cars that are somewhat different are better I think and my mates M3 doesn't half make him smug right now! But that cost him £13k!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

All IMO of course.

To some this is the whole point of modifying, not to necessarily do what is logical but to do something unique and fun.

As we have found from the turbo conversions we have done, a well installed, reliable kit will add value to the car. Go and buy any other car for £8.5k and I can guarantee its value will only go down. After a couple of years worth of depreciation on your £8.5k car against the value of your £8.5k supercharged Clio (which has obvioulsy been well looked after) I think you will find there will not be much in it.

Just food for thought and at the end of the day its the car owners decision should he/she want to spend the money.

David.

Get ya point there but, my Cup was £1800 9 months ago with more of a smoking problem than I have!, new bottom end etc, done. Driven it the last 8 months (£150 month on another motor, maybe) owes me nothing. Still be worth £2k when I sell it. Simples

Cars that are somewhat different are better I think and my mates M3 doesn't half make him smug right now! But that cost him £13k!

You got a good deal on the cup then! But the majority dont and pay the average prices...thats more the point im referring to, not yourself directly

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
True david. But a sc cup will have a much narrower market than an average 8.5k car. I agree on the uniqueness in a way, so I assume you're only doing 1?;)

If you fancy it fella, drive the demo, go from there. Your money at the end of the day!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
True david. But a sc cup will have a much narrower market than an average 8.5k car. I agree on the uniqueness in a way, so I assume you're only doing 1?;)

If you fancy it fella, drive the demo, go from there. Your money at the end of the day!

We hope to do several unique ones :D

David.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is a very, very serious question, do you think you could fit a supercharger in a F4r'd Mk1?

SQ5
Too many sc haters on here to get an average opinion tbh! Go for it you'll love it! 4k is 4k at the end of the day if you can afford it!

Could you tell me of some 8k cars that are as much fun/quick though?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
a s/c cup would be awesome! I say go for it!

yes its a waste of money, but so are hookers and lager in some peoples eyes.....

like some are saying, you have a very individual, seriously quick fun hatch

White Evo V
I paid it! Worth every penny. Had it done at RS Tuning. £4k fitted! 260bhp and 210lbft. Don't regret it one bit, go for it mate, join the 'gang'! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.