ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kubica Crash

172 Cup
For anyone who hasn't seen it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0KWGf11Cyw

he BMW Sauber team will not know if Robert Kubica will be fit enough to drive at the United States Grand Prix until June14.

The Pole's massive accident at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Sunday was initially feared to have broken his leg, but later reports suggest that he is not as badly injured, and could even leave hospital in Montreal on Monday.

The team's post-race statement claimed that it was awaiting further medical checks on its driver before making any other comment, but its pre-race look at the Indianapolis event suggests that Kubica is in contention to continue his partnership with Nick Heidfeld.

With less than a week between F1 track action in Canada and the USA, the decision will be left to the last possible moment to give the Pole adequate time to heal, with no test of his fitness planned until the day before practice officially starts.

With no World Series by Renault round scheduled in opposition to the USGP, German sensation Sebastian Vettel - a favourite of team boss Mario Theissen - could be in line for an F1 debut if Kubica is not passed fit.

The team's other option would be to call on the more experienced Timo Glock, who joined its reserve strength this season and also has no clashing commitments with GP2 on hiatus until Magny-Cours.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Gawd was he lucky, when I was watching that, the first thing that came to mind was Senna. I thought we were in for a repeat.

Lucky, lucky Boy.

This vid is 'better', also shows how lucky the guy behind was not to get ripped apart by carbon fibre...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKaLsk258zI

Apparently Kubica never lost consciousness either, I assume his safety training would teach him to stay completely still after an accident of that magnitude, which made for some very nervous TV viewing.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i watching it happen, was horrific, so so lucky to survive, the saftey testing on these cars is outstanding

TeZ

Non RS : (
worst crash for me is still shinya nakano at muggello when at 200MPH his front wheel exploded and his head hit the deck WOW and didnt die now that lucky

clio 197 cup
saw it happen in the race,thought"holy s**t,hes a gonner!!".so glad that the injuries arent believed to be serious.all credit to the people who build those things. ncap 10*+ imo.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
turn-6-done-wrong.jpg

that was from a crash in 1999 in just 8 yeard just look how the saftey has improved, could you imagine if that had happened yesterday he would have been riped in half

turn-6-done-wrong.jpg

that was from a crash in 1999 in just 8 yeard just look how the saftey has improved, could you imagine if that had happened yesterday he would have been riped in half

Is that even an F1 car though? I find it hard to believe an F1 car as recent as '99 would disintegrate like that - maybe in early 90's.

RE Kubica's incident - that is the most savage crash I've seen in recent years :eek: Glad he got out ok.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I am so amazed at how well the drivers are when they walk away from something like this, anyone seen the Tom Pryce video? i'm sure it'l be on youtube etc... Tragic death of two people in horrible circumstances,fire extinguisher to the head at close to 200mph, i wonder how they would be today with the new regs and technology, even with the advances, im sure they would have still died.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
worst crash for me is still shinya nakano at muggello when at 200MPH his front wheel exploded and his head hit the deck WOW and didnt die now that lucky
The MotoGP yesterday was f*cking awesome, I loved it.
That crash in F1 yesterday looked really nasty but the commentators made me laugh, as he was bouncing off the wall they said 'I think he's ok his arm is moving'...

Mercedes SLK350
I think the most shocking aspect of Kubica's crash was the way his head went from side to side, it looked like it had become detached. I thought he would have a broken neck at the very best.

To come away from a crash like that with just a broken leg was a miracle, now they are saying he has not even got that much damage and could race next week. I think someone should go and buy a lottery ticket.

Especially when you watch the grandstand vid as well, Kubica nearly had enough height to clear that first wall protecting Speed, his car and the marshals.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
I think the most shocking aspect of Kubica's crash was the way his head went from side to side, it looked like it had become detached. I thought he would have a broken neck at the very best.

To come away from a crash like that with just a broken leg was a miracle, now they are saying he has not even got that much damage and could race next week. I think someone should go and buy a lottery ticket.

Yeah that was really bad his head swinging around, brought back horrible memories of fottage i have seen of the Roland Ratzenberger crash.

M

mini-valver

Brian, That Johnny Herbert one is mental. Split second and the whole pack is destroyed. Did everyone survive that one?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I think that accident proved how far Formula One has come in the safety stakes. The HANS device will have saved him in that one.

Brian, That Johnny Herbert one is mental. Split second and the whole pack is destroyed. Did everyone survive that one?

All survived, but Herbert smashed both ankles and came close to losing one of his feet that day, still walks with a slight limp now i believe?

Simon

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah that was really bad his head swinging around, brought back horrible memories of fottage i have seen of the Roland Ratzenberger crash.

the Ratzenberger crash is horrific

H22A7 Accord Type R
I thought of Senna when it happened too!!!!! One very very mental crash!!! And that grandstand video shows it even more!!

T

thecremeegg

that tom pryce video is awful :( the steward gets cut in half and pryce is killed by the fire extinguisher :dapprove:

the vids at the top are now removed due to copyright.

That's a shame, it's not as though the ITV have any interest in giving us any reasonable coverage. I notice they sent out a blanket email to all those who complained about the lack of press conference yesterday. They said it would be shown in the highlights package...it still wasn't!

Renaultsport 220T
the vids at the top are now removed due to copyright.

That's a shame, it's not as though the ITV have any interest in giving us any reasonable coverage. I notice they sent out a blanket email to all those who complained about the lack of press conference yesterday. They said it would be shown in the highlights package...it still wasn't!

I got that email too. To55ers!!!!

:mad: