ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L.A.D Advert In Autocar Mag LOL

R

rich[182]

Page 140 has a quarter page advert, includes £1200 inc vat for 200+bhp
Went to their website, kit even includes a totally open,unprotected,unshielded cone filter
Devil backbox - no mention of cat-back,de-cat
Just gotta laugh................

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

LOL...LAD have excelled themselves 28 bhp from a cone filter, backbox and their own top secret underbonnet mods!

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 29 December 2004

LOL...LAD have excelled themselves 28 bhp from a cone filter, backbox and their own top secret underbonnet mods!
There under bonnet mods are that they deburr the ports.

Ziel Nurburgring

LAD "Motorsport"! The only tuning company around that leaves with a car that puts out less horse power than you took it in with, also returns it to you with a lumpy engine and whisks £1200 (+Vat) from you pocket. Talk about being arse banged, made to give a fat builder a blowjob and asked to pay for displeasure!

I wish there was someone on here with one to find out exactly how bad they are, would the real LAD owner please stand up!

172 GTR

I would ask for independant RR graphs after to prove their work. When there was a 2 bhp increase insted of 20 bhp I would refuse to pay and sue them!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Danny P on 30 December 2004

I would ask for independant RR graphs after to prove their work. When there was a 2 bhp increase insted of 20 bhp I would refuse to pay and sue them!!!
we have done

i believe ernie wanted silly money for their car to be used at an organised rolling road day

Tom - care to remind us how much it was?

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy on 30 December 2004

thats not silly money!
Too appear at a RR just to prove their own figures it is. The point is, they wont take their modd cars to an independant RR to prove they have over 200bhp.

from memory they wanted B&B and everything !!
as the trip would have taken them ages, the bottom line was that they didnt put their money where their month was and they were mugged off.

(disclaimer - this is all from memory, if any one remembers differnt please feel free to say otherwise)

Ziel Nurburgring

the £600 was for appearance money. The work costs over £1200+VAT, and youd be better off glueing £1200+VAT in fiver notes to your bonet for all the gains youll get and at least have something to show people

the point was, by proving their car done what i claimed to do, theyd have had quite a few people off of here giving them money saying ooh ooh mr lad make my car 200brake please. but they chose not to.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

They wanted close to a grand to prove themselves to a potential 700 customers.

Ernie ( the owner of lad) is a piss taker.

the definative test.

y.0.z. Cup vs L.A.D. Cup in a 0 - 100 Sprint

y.0.z. - 3
L.A.D. - 0

y.0.z. Cup vs L.A.D. Cup Bedford Autodrome

y.0.z. Cup catches L.A.D. Cup from 1/4 of a lap down and then gets black flagged for racing... even though the flag was waved at him, not me...

I should start a tuning company...

/y0z

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No actually you dont.

Its to do with accurate measurements, and build processes.

your legal argument would be flawed, plus the fact you have agreed to have the work done without disclosure.

(lad wont tell you what they do even if you pay them)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Lauton auto developments or something.

Lying arsey dickheads sounds better...

cracked me up when they replied to you shame you didnt keep the emails. IIRC didnt he pretty much itemise the 700-1000. cash for petrol, cash for money they would have made for working on mug...errr i mean customers cars, fuel costs, trailering costs, RR run cost (we as a group had offered to cover this a kind of put your money where your mouth is challenge) hotel costs, choccy biccy and tea costs, pub lunch costs blah blah blah. basically a sh*tload of cash for them to have a day out on us.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i told him to shove it.

f**king brillo pad clutching cowboy.

c**t. arrgggh!

full of sh*t simple i think we should all chip in n stich em up at a rolling road day get the mags down il get the motorsport news in on it wat a great day out !!!!!!!!!!!

I had to register and reply to this thread just to say Its about time that people smelt the roses with this bullsh*t company.

I had LAD in court back in Nov2002 due to some made up suspension kit for the Pug206. I bought some dampers that were supposed to be for a 206 and when they didnt fit properly I investigated where they came from and what they were from. It turned out they were fro a Cit ZX and a 205. When I informed Ernie that I was aware of his dodgy kit and the fact that it didnt fit correclty........he called my bluff into "seeing him in court". He even tried to scare me with his own solicitors letters. But I was determined to have my day in court.

Even though I could prove all the facts myself in court.......I had an expert witness who was a university lecturer and designated "expert witness" to the courts. After all the argueing between Ernie and myself......the judge had to take his evidence from the independant expert who totally backed my side of the story and the state of the suspension on my car etc.

Even though I won my case........LAD continued to rip people off which really frustrated me. A fellow 206 owner from Edinburgh contacted me with a story of his own 206 which hed taken to LAD for both suspension and engine work. Even though the suspension was able to be changed for better products due to my input........the engine work was left unchanged. He approached Ecosse for a better exhaust system and didnt tell them of the engine mods. Ecosse kindly offered a no charge guarnetee if the exhaust proved to be of no benefit regards to power........which the car was put on their own rr. The figures showed 140bhp even though LADs own rr showed 170bhp. He then informed them of the work carried out........and they suggested he took the case up with the credit card co who hed used to pay for the work. On contacting them........they suggested getting another power readout from another rr.......of which he did.......and again showed 140bhp. He contacted LAD who offered another readout on their rr. That showed 170bhp again like the 1st time.

Unfortunately........I lost contact with the chap.........but on my last discussion with him.......he was not willing to follow my suite and take them to court. I am sure this is what LAD bank on.........and why they get away with as much as they do.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Trust me if i had the money i would sue them for pissing me off.

I havent paid them for anything.

Bunch of c**ts.

theyre t**sers, weve been well aware on here for some time. even before i used this forum i owned a renault 5 gt turbo which even when standard used to totally destroy two local LAD "160" 106 gtis. wouldnt touch them with a bardge pole.

172 GTR

Isnt there something called the trade description act. How can they get away with false power claims if they are not independantly proven?

Ziel Nurburgring

If your reading through your magazine on the crapper and dont spend all day on forums such as this great site, you are going to think they are a pretty sound bet as a tuning company. Only through bitter experience do you find out they are ripping people off.

Only thing you can do is maybe complain to the mag (Not in a your fault way), and get them to take up the story

I know of this company only through bad experiences, two of my mates had cars done by them, they were both shocking. Both cars lost power & were promptly sold.

I have done alot more mods to my 172 using parts from reputable companies eg hill power, it still only produces about 185 bhp.

How the f**k they manage to get 200 + bhp is a mystery, i think someone should contact the magazine to throw light on their practices.

They certainly will not be getting any of my cash, until they can independently show the BHP figure.

I can remember seeing some of their cars tested in magazines, they normally come in well below standard power & then make up some garbage excuses.

If the advert advertised more torque or driveability then this may be achievable, but not 200+ BHP.

clio 16v

can we not get BenR to get a car done by them, and maybe tell autotrader what we are doing, and then when its finished, take it to peices, and Ben can explain whats not been touched, etc, and maybe even other mags like Max Power (ahem) and other tuning magazines woudl feature it as a warning to other motorists?

"get" a car ? what just borrow one from an owner and pull it to bits then return it without him knowing. Would be nice if we could lay our hands on one that has been "tuned" (in the loosest possible sense of the word) by LAD and do something like this and some RR runs with it but the likelyhood is slim and who is going to pay for the labour time or RR costs just to prove theyre full of sh*t.