ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L.A.D Advert In Autocar Mag LOL

Thank god for forums like this - a lot of unsuspecting owners might see the ad and think they were a good outfit..............

clio 16v

well if we contact some mags in advance, they might even provide us with a car to use,i would just like to stop them trading so that no1 else can be ripped off by them.

Ziel Nurburgring

Weird how no one on here actually owns one given the diversity of the forum, either that or they arent brave enough to come forward.

There was a lad on here a few months/year back that had work by them IIRC the car didnt have improved performance and suffered an oil leak of some description due to the "work" they had done on it. Ernie/LAD didnt want to know wouldnt rectify it. They claimed that the fault was nothing to do with them and he subsequently gave up and took the car to rectified and tuned at a company who knew what they were doing.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 31 December 2004

There was a lad on here a few months/year back that had work by them IIRC the car didnt have improved performance and suffered an oil leak of some description due to the "work" they had done on it. Ernie/LAD didnt want to know wouldnt rectify it. They claimed that the fault was nothing to do with them and he subsequently gave up and took the car to rectified and tuned at a company who knew what they were doing.
I think the oil leak was down to the VVT timing cam which wasnt fiddled with by them. But there attitude to the fault, as always continues there bad reputation.

R

rich[182]

Having read loadsa bad stuff about them I was really surprised, well shocked to see a big advert in such a mag, Its not even simply a basic ad promoting the company, It specifically mentions the 200bhp conversion, Ive never heard anyone give them a good word, even non Renault owners

Ziel Nurburgring

Danny, thats half the point ot this thread. What they do is a complete secret and they wont even tell you what they do if you pay for the work.

R

rich[182]

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 31 December 2004

Danny, thats half the point ot this thread. What they do is a complete secret and they wont even tell you what they do if you pay for the work.

Yes (In a fashion !)

Thinks its http://www.ladmotorsport.co.ukwww.ladmotorsport.co.uk

If not do a search on google or yahoo

**ps blink this was aimed at danny, you musta posted before I finished writing it !

[Edited by rich172 on 31 December 2004 at 12:19pm]

Tuning most modern cars is very difficult. Look at the 206 gti180. That took ages to develop with a team of engineers and full manufacturer back up. It was close to not being produced becasue it was so hard to get a reliable 180 bhp from it.

anyone heard of watch dog.. i know its a bit geeky for a mainstreem tv show to investigate but crime is crime and if they tried could probably find out lots of disatisfied customers and court cases...

even if its only small section of the show. its not like their just bad, it seems they are lying and false advertisng and have been going on for years.

big car mags dont really get into the whole advertising thing they just specify if the mag should have phone sex numbers/images at the back of the mag.

someone should write a comprehensive letter to car mags i.e car modifing ones.. now its alright some spotty teenager wasting money on less power = less speed and less chance of killing themselves but hearing that they fook up the suspension is an accident waiting to happen. This could lead to manslaughter charges..

how do we know knowone has died as a result of this crap suspension work.

BTW i seriously think cliosport should have a tuners sticky topic or advise on the main page i.e GDI, Angelworks and then who not to go see L.A.D < so at least this forum doesnt support them and isnt this the largest clio/renualt forum in the world !

clio 16v

sorry ok, bit slow, but if you saw this advert, and was interested, surely you would say, well what are you going to do to get to that figure, and if they couldnt tell me something that would make sense, you wouldnt have it done?

VaVa

LAD lol... Theyll turn a VTR with 90 Bhp into a VTS killer with 120bhp for £960 by carrying out "extensive cylinder head modifications". f**king Jokers.

clio 16v

cracking idea by clitorus, could we not have sticky at the top of the eterior &mechanical forum, of good/ approved Cliosport tuners?

Ahh..LAD!!!....lol..... i know a lot of people tht have used them ,being into the tuning market and being so close,..how the hell they have lasted f*cking 30 od yrs i dont bloody know.... the amount of problems a mate had with his 205 was unbelieve able...

but havent you noticed...how soo many tuners are being taken to court or are in disputes with customers... a friend with an rx is also taking a large name tuning company to court for work that was paid to be done yet in reality has not been completed..and you hardly expected a brand new engine rebuild to piss all its oil out do ya??!!!!??

Althou i think all of those companies that offer a decent service etc..deserve a massive credit....

But LAD must be the worst around!lol.,...

Gord

Oh and not forgetting my mate wiv his scoob..i wont start on that!

How about we get a site going...wiv reports form people that have used them etc etc.... get it it out on the web,,get ppl just to c how bad they r

Cheers

have they got a website ? if so you could create a new website with an alomst identical address and make sure it came up higher on the list on the google search engine (does anyone type urls anymore ? hehe only if its not on google first).

i know someone who could make the webiste and make sure it was promoted higher up the google list.. then just have a page of testomonies and a small opinion section where anyone could post up their experiences.

Quote: Originally posted by rich172 on 31 December 2004

http://www.ladmotorsport.co.uk/renault.htmlwww.ladmotorsport.co.uk/renault.html

Includes 2 "road reports" post conversion and info on what is claimed to be the work carried out (even if just basic info !)

Dont shoot the messenger............................
CCC were very impressed with the L.A.D. Cup, however, it managed to get a lower % rating than the standard Cup

work that one out :confused:

lets face it, any company that HAS to advertise to gain trade isnt a good company to deal with IMHO, places like Hill Power and K-Tec get a lot of their custom through word of mouth not advertising in magazines

What amazes me is that they advertise in most editions of Evo and Autocar - at some cost. They must be getting business from it or theyd stop doing Clio and move on to something else.

have registered http://www.ladmotorsports.co.uk/www.ladmotorsports.co.uk/

anyone go 56k modem or isdn ?

you need to dial up using the free net name software or it wont work (below):

the freenetname Pay As You Go dial-in number is: 0845 0796889
Your username and e-mail address is (login name): jibe1234@freenetname.co.uk
Your password: elephant

Then login on

https://secure.freenetname.co.uk/myaccount/login.asp">https://secure.freenetname.co.uk/myaccount/login.asp typin user name and password..

the rest is up to you, but if you want any content on that page you can pm me for a basic website design and il re-pm you back and you upload the info using the dial up above.

I think they could sue you for using a very similar name. Be careful.

You would have to put a disclaimer on the front page stating that this is not the LAD page, just a site about them.

BMW 320d Sport

Jeremy - youre spot on there mate. They must be doing pretty well to keep advertising and to be honest it makes sense.

If you think about the general audience for those sort of mags like Evo, Autocar etc (and I do read them myself as well btw), not all, but the majority of readers are men who buy new cars fairly regularly. Not the sort to get their hands dirty on mods themselves or even who are particularly interested in how their cars work, they just want something new, fast, with a bit of track day mystique and recommended by the mag reviewer as a good drive.

These are the same people who believe that you can see 200bhp out of a 172 Cup by paying someone with a big quarter-page advert £1200 to do the job for you. They dont know really whats done (or not) to their car, and they dont care, and if it doesnt seem to be as quick as it should be, theyre probably too embarassed over their mechanical ignorance or doubt their own driving abilities, to be able to front up to LAD and say, hang on, this isnt right

They are also probably the people who dont come on forums like this, or meet like-minded enthusiasts that much, they get all their thinking done by the mags. Im not slating people like that, most people do want an easy life, they want to pay people to get things done instead of having to put any effort in themselves, and why not if theyve got the money? Only problem is if you get ripped off by people like LAD who know their market and know they can get away with it simply by putting big ads in the mags and looking respectable. I bet a lot of the people who keep LAD in business have no clue that there is any Clio tuning scene beyond Evo mag. And when they come away disappointed, theyve got no-one to turn to, no-one to back them up.

Just my opinion.

Whos on for doing webdesign??..ill assist..but really really busy woth jap scene...so don have that much free time...pm if ya want owt doing.

I have got all osftware etc for to get site up and going...as i use it for my site..lety us know

Also as we know the type of people they are .... is it worth the risk of being sued cos that wont be clever lol...we need to think first..n make sure we r very careful

BMW 320d Sport

Bottom line is you cant sue people for telling the truth. You can only sue someone who goes around saying youre a crook if you are actually an honest citizen. If you really are a crook you havent really got a leg to stand on LOL

its all legit. all we need is a 56k dial up using the log ons i specifed.

ohh and if they wont turn up t a RRday then they sure aint gonna spend ££££ on sueing people for having a simular URL.

btw is 4pm and ive just cleaned my bros sick up. sorry for the grmmer.

anyways i dont have 56k but i tried...

someone should do something about them.

and for the record, my uncle owns/runs one of the most influencial and powerful law firms in the UK so i aint bothred about lads puny power LOL.

ave it !!!! :devilish:

Its legit if you dont say anything libellous but to use a URL that is very similar to their own is dodgy and I suspect you will get a solicitors letter within days.

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 01 January 2005

Its legit if you dont say anything libellous but to use a URL that is very similar to their own is dodgy and I suspect you will get a solicitors letter within days.
knowone is actually gonna do it anyway. im not. but id would be quite funny. lets face it there gimps and they will continue to line their pockets and take people for a ride.

w**kers although i have raced an ax that worked on to the sum of £1300 in my 2.0 clio and it was neck n neck to 90 although iam not sticking up for them .