ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

L.A.D

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

*bites tongue* I think there was one guy on here with one a while back but he was scared off when everyone told him to put it on the rollers! lol

Lionel Richie

its a grey area mate, theres lots of reasons they can come up with to cover there arses

theres NO chance theyve built a genuine 200bhp 172

we know the work envolved, they dont do it

IIRC their car was tested by some mag, and had slower performance times than a std car!!!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by clioman on 09 April 2005

who is LAD?
you dont wanna know!!!!

you pay them £2K and they make your car slower

We invited them along to a rolling road day, and they wanted £800 to cover traveling expenses + a night in a hotel!!!!

"there are lots of reasons" what are they? these guys are pushing a product/conversion for over 1k that in some reported cases delivers less than standard performance figures?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

If anyone has a spare £1,000,000 we can get them to come to one of our RR days.

307 hdi (powered by derv)

how do they claim they got this extra power? Have they been buying these wonderful bits of wire from ebay which give you an extra 15bhp,lol?

Seriously? Im an ex max power(1993) reader for my sins. i loved 205 gtis,now running their modern day(in my mind)equivalent. they cant get away with this?

Skoda Fabia vRS

they can and do

dont waste your money with them

to get 200bhp from a 172 takes a lot of work, a lot !

ha ha LAD is a swear word on this these forums... anymore of it and the mods will remove this thread!!!

As far as I remember they couldnt tell us excatly what they do either. Think they make it up as they go along!!

It was a bit of head work, and maybe a filter and exhaust.

Dont think they even re-maped it iirc.......

But they have no idea and the quality of the head work is appalling!

Thats why cars were coming out with less power than they went in with and some peoples engines didnt last long before something went bang!

Said this before, theyre based just 5mins from me on industrial estate, round the entrance they have a couple of clios usually kicking about and a 205 rally look-a-like, not sure if its speced up tho.

Will make it my mission to go along and grill them about what they do etc!

i seem to recall that they used some sort of magic fairy dust, some smoke and mirrors and the psychology of i just gave them 2 grand - even though it feels way slower it cant possibly can it?

I used to have a 106 GTi and LAD was a swear word on the peugeot sport club site and the saxo club site. What ive been reading on this thread is all you ever hear about LAD. Nobody has anything good to say about them.

My mate took his 106 gti there and got a head throttle body conversion bottom end bored out spent about 6k on the engine ang got 20bhp more from lad they are s***. The car was as fast as a normal vts or gti.

Ziel Nurburgring

To get what they claim, you need serious work that people have had done on here. 200bhp isnt going to come from a filter, exhaust and a chip.

Ask Roamer ask him how much 212 cost him and what was involved. If you have the cash, take it to people that know their biscuits, BenR on Andy GDI.