ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lack of power

BG 182 (full fat)
Just now I have been out in my car and noticed it wasnt pulling the same, especially when its hitting 6000rpm, it doesnt seem to be anywhere near as quick as it was. any suggestions?

RB 182
Does it make any weird noises or anything like that?

Have you had the cambelt changed resently?

BG 182 (full fat)
Yes it makes a little noise, just doesnt sound healthy. Cambelt hasnt been done recently but has been done. Sparkplugs have been done, oil change etc has been done. Just all of a sudden when i put my foot down it felt alot slower n didnt really get much of a pull.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Mine was doing this, I had a slipped clutch disk - would have to go to stupidly high revs to get power and would lose power when accelerating after changing gear.

BG 182 (full fat)
Cheers mate, i will mention it to them when i take it in. Its doing my head im, is it an expensive job? Cars gone from doin 6.5 sec 0-60 to 9 secs to 60 :-/

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
5 of my local garages quoted me £330+ - ended up taking it to someone who done it "off the job" for £160 though.