ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LACK OF THROTTLE RESPONSE AGAIN !!

CLIO 172
I have lack of throttle response and the rectangular orange light with the wavy line is on in middle of dash panel . Has actually flickered off and back came the response but only for 5 or 10 seconds then back on it came and no response again. Figured it might be the 57i induction kit i fitted but took it off and fitted standard box and still same.
Had a push and a pull at some hoses and disconnected and reconnected 3 elecrical connectors near plenum chamber { Bit with black face on } if thats what it is but no change. Previously cured itself but maybe that was luck. turned engine off and back on and all was well but not this time.:dapprove:
This fly by wire sensor just where is it situated? If thats the problem ?????
Thanks

Last edited:
  CLIO 172
As a matter of interest there is a black rubber tube coming from top of the main air inlet from the air box. Should the other end push on somewhere or just hang down open ended like a battery breather pipe?

Clio 172 ph2
limp mode ... you need to get it to a code reader to see what the error is . Probably throttle body related .

Focus
Had this and was wires under the engine shorting on the engine block, really simple fix, and seems to be fairly common.

CLIO 172
Thanks to everyone. Car booked in for diagnostic scan Mon and will have a look for those wires shorting out too.:)