ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lacquer come off :(

Hey guys..
Any advice on what I should do with this?
I got 0 clue, all I know is that it needs sorting, before it gets any bigger

eb9c1dcd.jpg

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
nothing you can do really, its needs a repair.

The chances are if its coming of in one spot it will be starting to come away in others.

clio 172
my door did that last week thank god i could sneek it through the oven at work just needs sanding back and blowing in its a easy job

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
my door did that last week thank god i could sneek it through the oven at work just needs sanding back and blowing in its a easy job

Let me know how that goes. You can't just "blow in" some lacquer.

You still need to coat the full door.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
im so glad i can paint my own stuff .. only people i have ever speak any sense are gally, sprayshack and jcc

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sure it does mate.

If you haven't coated the full door it will look s**t. This is fact.

Lols at "blowing in" a door, I'd put my car on being able to spot it a mile off. For a start it would need feathered out, good chance you'll break through doing that so it'll need priming and colouring up to stop it ringing.

To the OP, get the whole bumper stripped and re-done, its clearly been done on the cheap at some stage and that's why that's happened.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I dread to think what the companies work is like if they're blowing in lacquer on doors.

Yeah I think it's had a little front end crash in the past, as the 'background' of the drivers side light is grey not black and the drivers side wing has also been replaced as its super shiny.. on top of that the drivers side fog light hasn't been put in properly.

Ok guys, i'll get it re-done, I'll send off for a quote from spray shack

tyty