ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LAD conversion

Saw an advert in this months EVO for a 200+ bhp conversion for the cup. Does anyone know anything about it or had it done to their car?

Being a previous saxo owner i know that their conversions on saxos have been rubbished on a number of occasions, however ive heard some good things from pug owners who had stuff done by them. Also EVO and performance car (RIP) have both tested vehicles modified by the company and said good things about them.

Anybody had first hand experience? As a 200+ bhp 172 sounds mighty fine to me!

My brother has had all the mods done on his saxo that LAD state that will make it 160bhp, but has only had it rolling roaded at 151bhp.

Also, his mate had the 160 conversion for his 106GTi and it was only putting out 145-150bhp.

By the sounds of it, they just claim bullsh*t power figures!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Everyone I know of that has had work done by LAD has not had the power they claimed when measured on a different rolling road...

Ask on the Pug and/or Saxo forums about the conversino for the 1.6 16v 106 GTi & Saxo VTS engine, which is quite a popular LAD one and theyll tell you the real truth.

320d M Sport

Its a shame as Ive only heard bad things about them as well. Ill be the first to admit Ive never actually driven or been out in one of their cars so I cant actually comment fully, just seems a bit optimistic from threads that Ive read.

Hope it does mae 200bhp though! That would be something...

From what Ive heard the quality of LADs workmanship is good, but they do tend to have a very bad reputation for making overstated power claims.