ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda/02 sensor...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Firstly... are these the same thing?

Need to get one as changing the manifold/CAT ring didn't help unfortunately! Does anyone know how much Renault charge and if any where else does them cheaper?

Shame K-Tec don't seem to stock them as they got the other part in for a great price. Cheers...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Shop around where?

Sorry to be blunt but I've gotta make a decision tomorrow morning! :dapprove:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sorry I've just had a look on Google and come up with a couple...

http://www.gendan.co.uk/oxygen_lambda_sensors_Renault_Clio.html

&

http://www.cats2go.co.uk/Default.as...a Sensor&Year=2005&MakeName=RENAULT&Model=Cli

Now the first site lists the engine as F4R738 (CB22) where as the second one states F4R730 (Sport) and F4R732/736... why the difference?

Also my fault report came up with "Upstream oxygen sensor circuit" so I take it that's the one before the CAT?

Just one more thing! On the first site there's a choice of direct-fit or universal... would you recommend going for the direct or do you reckon the universal will be good enough? The second site says they're direct, but at the other site's universal price, odd.

Cheers for any help as it's needed urgently!

Lionel Richie
always go direct fit, saves f**king about

i would have to look up your engine number from your reg mate

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I won't be fitting it myself! But would like to give less hassle to the garage if I could I guess!?

My reg is EJ05 WMK if someone can help me out, much much appreciated :cool:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Bump...

If no one can help me with the reg does anyone know where I can find my engine code myself? Opened the bonnet but couldn't see anything obvious!

Lionel Richie
F4R 738 its telling me on the renault system, but it also says "Titan grey bodywork" never heard of that one before! is that also known as silver?

Lionel Richie
£87+vat from renault 7700107433

BUT it turns out the 182 uses the same sensors pre and post cat, so you could just try swapping them round = £free

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
O rly?

Do you think this could actually help then?

As for the colour... sounds nice :cool: but alas mine is plain old silver.

What garage do you work at then mate? Cheers for the info btw!

Lionel Richie
well give it a go swapping the snesors round, might save you £90!!!

as for what garage i work at?? all we be revealed soon enough ;);)

BMW M5 & E36
as for what garage i work at?? all we be revealed soon enough ;);)

o_rly.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
No fred, the correct responce would of been...

ya_rly.jpg

Thing is, I'd still have to take the car up the garage to get it swapped over which they're gonna charge for so I think I might as well just get the part, thanks anyway!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Was talking about this with a mate last night and he said his mate had a similar problem and just took the lambda sensor off! Said he was going through a bit more petrol but it sorted the problem lol.

What would be the disadvantage of this? I'm guessing it would fail MOT...

Megane RS 275 Trophy
I've just got a similar problem my warning light has come up, the local garage put a gizmo on the car and it said pre cat, he reset it but it came back on a couple of day later it's still on now. I think my fueling is OK as it's only just passed it's MOT, can i turn it off in any way or is it better just to get a new one and have a go at fitting it myself?

Fred or anyone

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Changed my sensors over today and EML went off! And it ran alright on the way home, I'll give it a proper test tomorrow and run Clip on it to see where we are...

but potentially a huge thanks to Fred :D cross your fingers for me people!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Wicked! Thanks for the thread link... so it would seem that the downstream sensor isn't really needed, interesting :clown:

Do you think my car will get past emissions tests as well now then?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Woo, lucky then!

Okay I ran Clip and no computer's have faults :) super happy, hope it lasts!

However ran an MOT test and still fails on emissions! waaay over on C0, would you say that I have f**ked my CAT?

ValverInBits
Clip won't detect a fubared lambda most of the time.
Change the upstream lambda. It's unlikely the cat has gone.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah the upstream lamdba has been changed... the car is now running sweet, passes Clip and no EML. But the car is still failing on emissions... what could it be if it's not the CAT? Could the downstream lambda affect this?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Well it's been on the ramp and they found my manifold to CAT ring was worn, so have replaced that which made no difference :quiet:

BMW M5 & E36
Emissions light appeared on the 182 today, running fine. Downstream lambda? Acceptable economy on the way home from work when I reset it. 2 seconds after it rolled past 60k too :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Right, ran Clip and surprise surprise it's now saying the downstream lambda has a problem! Although the car's still running fine... because the downstream doesn't actually affect the car's running?

Am I basically right in saying that I could ignore this? And did I read there's a common way to get the EML light off for this fault, as people get it due to de-CAT's? I believe it was something avaliable from K-Tec? I can't find it atm on their site :S cheers if anyone can link me or help me out!

Clio 1.2
did you get this sorted mate? Mine is doing the same thing and I am reluctant to pay Renault stupid ammounts of money to tell me its a sensor.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Kinda...

swapped the sensors round and the EML is on all the time but it's purely for diagnostics so I've been told. And it seems to be true as the car's now running fine! I'll get a new sensor eventually or get the work around thing that K-Tec sell if I can find it, probably only worth doing before I sell it as I can live with a bit of orange on the dash atm!