ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda/Oxygen sensor on a decat

Saphire Cosworth
Does anyone know what happens to the ecu when you fit a decat to a cup ?? Does just unplugging the sensors work ?? or will that send duff info to the ecu and reduce power.

I wanna get the old smt6 thingy - but not yet - would like to fit a decat in the meantime.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
leave the first probe in the de cat (closest to the manifold), then blank off the second hole with a suitible bolt etc,(i went to the scrappers and got an old lambda probe ;) this is how i ran mine, no lights came on, and the car ran fine. If you leave both plugged in the emmissions light will come on, as the readings between both probes will be the same, the ecu then thinks the cat is goosed.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
sorry, forgot to add, i left it under the car taped up out of the way, if you unplug it, it'll bring on the dash light

Megane225FF
Ran decat with both plugs in, light came on dash 2 months later. Took out the 2nd plug & taped it up under the car - 7 months down the line, I finally got round to taking the car to GDI, who sorted out the light.. now 8 months later, for no apparent reason, the bl00dy lights come back on.. Doesn't affect running - so b0ll0cks to it.

Saphire Cosworth
Brilliant guys thanks a lot for the info - just one more thing - did you notice any difference ?? ie rev quicker/more freely ??

MEGANE
I've been running with both pluged in for about two & a half years, never had a light come on !!!!

pep87 said:
I've been running with both pluged in for about two & a half years, never had a light come on !!!!

Me to, had mine on for 2 1/2 years both plugged in and no bother at all (touches wood for both of us) weird why it comes on for some and not others.

193 mk2
i had mine put on today at gdi, they plugged in both & touch wood it hasn't come on yet. please god stay off lol