ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambert Sensor??

Clio MK2 172
does anyone know what this is? A girl in work has a 1.4 or (1.2 not sure) Clio on a 51plate and is having problems with this part, I've never heard of it myself.

She says the car keeps shutting down all the time. The garage have played around with it but they don't seem to have fixed the problem.

Saxo VTS
Lambda Sensor.

Part of the exhaust system, connected to the ECU. Measures the exhaust gases and controls fueling.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I think she means Lambda sensor?
It sits in the exhaust and monitors the escaping gasses. The ECU then uses this info to adjust the timing and fuel mixture.

If it fails, it's likely the car would run like a bag of spanners. I don't think they're too expensive to replace though??

Clio MK2 172
thanks for the correction! Lambda Sensor!! lol

What would need to be done to correct this? replacement of the sensor?

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Mf gf's just has hers replaced by a local garage. That was for a 106 but can't see it being any different for a clio!!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
yeah its also knowns as the 02 sensor, i had a problem with ming, would get sudden loss of or choppy power.
it basically monitors you enginers burning of of the fule for the ecu to change the fule air mixture a bit stop it running to rich or lean, mine was replaced under warranty however ive heard they can be like £300 for a garage to fix.

there was a big thing a couple months ago with morrisons and tesco fuel having soo much silicon in it(siliconis added to make it runnier i think) this caused a deposit on the o2 sensor causintit o be blocked and not work and the engine to strangle the fuel. thats why i only buy petrol from compaies with their own refinerys etc, shell, bp. 1p alitre more expensive usually but less crud in it like own brand food items