ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamppost + old ford + 100mph + no seatbelt =

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
utf-8BcGhvdG8uanBn.jpg

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well before the cs police come and arrest me it was a straight road and I can't remember anything about what happened I just woke up in hospital. Some sort of mechanical failure I'd hazard a guess at but we'll never know. I did have to buy a new body afterwards but just left with a dickie ankle now with a few pins in.

And don't be fooled into thinking a 5 star NCAP rating will do you any favours either...

:eek:

I'm glad someone said it. Too many people think modern cars will protect them. They all cave in if the accident is big enough, and that includes you doing 50mph on a country road, and hitting someone coming the other way doing the same. Game over.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
We had some girl talking out our "Safe drive stay alive thing" she was flung from the car, survived, driver had a seatbelt and died. The message for this talk? Wear a seatbelt.

Still, I wear one because I'm not a cockend.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have to disagree guys, look at the passenger compartment of a 5* ncap car, solid. Look at the test of that Modus hitting that old Volvo at 50mph. Pedals and wheel well didn't move.

They will keep the occupant safe from the outer cabin.

172 Race Car
If that 5*ncap clio was doing the speed limit (built up area) im sure the engine would not of been ripped out etc. In fact, it probaby wouldnt of crashed

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Cars with those safety cells do awesome in crash tests. When the maclaren f1 was being developed a fella had an accident at 200mph and walked out of it. No it wasn't on a track either. I thought ncap5 cars were tested at 70mph head on collisions. In my case the Clio which is ncap4 IIRC saved my life, there supposed to crumble and do look bad afterwards but imagine the energy going through you not the car.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
If you notice on roads you are legally allowed to drive at 70mph they don't have a solid tree 20cm from the roadside.

All of these pictures are down to the drivers for me, you can't cant blame the cars for that.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I'm sorry, you would not walk out of a head on collision at 70 mph, no matter what car you are in.

Now Sold :-(
If you notice on roads you are legally allowed to drive at 70mph they don't have a solid tree 20cm from the roadside.

All of these pictures are down to the drivers for me, you can't cant blame the cars for that.

You are correct driver error is in most cases the cause of collisions.
As far as there not being trees at the side of a road with a 70mph limit you are again correct. There are also no cars coming the other way to hit (you hope).
If on a residential street you hit a car head on and you are both doing 35mph the impact speed is the same as the motorway driver hitting a stationary object.

Now Sold :-(

You are correct driver error is in most cases the cause of collisions.
As far as there not being trees at the side of a road with a 70mph limit you are again correct. There are also no cars coming the other way to hit (you hope).
If on a residential street you hit a car head on and you are both doing 35mph the impact speed is the same as the motorway driver hitting a stationary object.