ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Land Rover Discovery & Wales = Awesomeness

Took a Discovery Sport home from work for the weekend with a view to head to wales and take some shots, not realising WRC was in town so I ended up going down some crazy routes to get to where I wanted which led to taking some of my best shots yet.

You'll have to excuse the watermark, didn't want the high res files on the internet until they'll be stuck on the works website/social with their watermark.

31276456828_5f765ee9c7_b.jpg
Land Rover Discovery Sport by Matt Smith, on Flickr
43336304300_82c2f81193_b.jpg
31276463228_faaba2766d_b.jpg
43336315360_dfff09a26a_b.jpg

Nice work :)

I'd love to do pictures for a job but lack of confidence screws me over... lol

That Merc interior is gaudy!
I started somewhere, I’ve been shooting about 10 years now. Professionally paying the bills with it for 5 years!

Just shoot shoot shoot, aspire to be like the photographers you like, experiment and don’t get sucked into gear whoring or thinking you need to edit every shot. You’ll naturally progress and eventually people will pay you for your work but only if you value it yourself ?

E class is awesome with the ambient lighting, the newer one is a full digital panel spanning the entire dash, mental!!

Some pretty special shots right there, Proper advert stuff!

Thanks! Having access to the right cars help, most of it is just driving around winging it to be honest. I can throw up the RAW shot of the jag if anyone’s interested to compare out of camera to finished?

I'm a great believer in getting a picture right in the first place, rather than relying on software to make it look good :D lol, so I'd be interested to see what sort of difference there is!

I also am a bit lazy, so straight-off-the-camera pictures are my preferred working style ;) haha

I'm a great believer in getting a picture right in the first place, rather than relying on software to make it look good :D lol, so I'd be interested to see what sort of difference there is!

I also am a bit lazy, so straight-off-the-camera pictures are my preferred working style ;) haha

I’m not normally one for such heavy post but I needed to come up with something for the jag and it was chucking down and I was running out of time!

8379C8D8-88EA-4A11-9EF7-D11FD6DC0809.jpeg

Ok, that is quite a lot different... lol :D

Good skills! (Although it could be argued as cheating ;) haha)

I guess that if it is what the client wants and they are happy with it, one needs to do whatever it takes!

Ok, that is quite a lot different... lol :D

Good skills! (Although it could be argued as cheating ;) haha)

I guess that if it is what the client wants and they are happy with it, one needs to do whatever it takes!
It was nice to stretch my post production skills to be fair as I’m usually very tame, only usually use lightroom but every now and then i go nuts in photoshop haha

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Some nice shots there in both posts.
Not keen on the Red Golf shot though, only because I know the area it would have been 'parked' and the amount of Photoshop it would have taken. I think it's just too clean looking for my taste.
I think the Jag shot is done really well tbh.

Some nice shots there in both posts.
Not keen on the Red Golf shot though, only because I know the area it would have been 'parked' and the amount of Photoshop it would have taken. I think it's just too clean looking for my taste.
I think the Jag shot is done really well tbh.

? this golf shot? The background was just thrown it to fit a brief!

Glad you like the Jag shot, always a worry something like that looks OTT

2DFA2B9D-C53F-4825-8F89-31DB4600C7EA.jpeg