ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Landscape Photography...

Clio 197 RB
I'm off to the USA in September for a West Coast road trip and I want to take my Canon 600D with me to take some pics of the amazing landscapes and scenery out there.

What would be a good lens to buy?

I've had a look and the Sigma 10-20mm lens pops up quite often.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
10-20 is a cracking lens, should be able to pick one up for the £300 mark. My most used landscape lens.

Focus 1.6 soon a 182
It's an okay lens. You should look at a 20mm prime lens. I used one when I was shooting in the Peak District last month and it was really good. A good telephoto lens is also good!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I had a 10-20, good lens but since replaced it with a 24-105L as I found it was just too wide and distorted a bit

Cayman S Edition 1
Agree the 24-105L is a great all rounder. Had mine 18 months and use it for everything from model shoots to landscape stuff. Cracking it of kit.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
10-18 STM will be available soon. The pre-reviews are reassuring so far. So I'd consider this lens, it will be a cheap UWA.