ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop advice please

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Right I have searched, but this is quite specific as I'm wanting someone in the know to give me their thoughts on this laptop and if its a decent buy:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer...p_in_Black_-_Silver__NX.M09EK.011/version.asp

What I need it for:

General browsing, emails, excel, editing GoPro videos

That's got . i5 processor , 8gb ram and 750gb memory.

Shirley this will p1ss what I need it to do and be like a rocket ship compared to my very old/tired Sony that's just about had it and sounds like its going to blow up when I try open a video. Should do me a few years, reliable etc

So I'm leaning towards that and looking to go get it today as that shops fairly local. So anything else I've overlooked for similar money?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
George

yes it should deal with all those tasks very easily good laptop for the price in my opinion but one thing to note is acer are known for not lasting very long before things start going on them

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Im not a fan of cheap modern laptops, id rather go for something a bit older and refurbished/2nd hand, it comes back to the sort of argument would you rather have a brand new Kia or a 2nd hand VW, it really is personal opinion!

Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad, under £200 will get you a T61 which for not very much cash will take 8GB of ram, has a dual core core2duo which is more than enough for your requirements, only downsides being because they are getting on a bit you need to search about to find a mint one, battery life might not be great and depending on what spec screen it has it could be a bit dull.

Spend a bit more and go for a newer T410, you start getting the choice of I3/I5 and I7 processors, again will take 8GB of ram, have bright LED screens, newer better batteries etc, and still cheaper than that Acer.

worth a thought!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I need a laptop with pretty much the same spec for the same budget. I've found that asking for advice has left me going around in circles because everything that I look at gets the thumbs down from someone else.