ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laptop decisons.... geeks of CS unite!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Been looking at laptops recently. the main use will be lounge surfing and football manager 2008 lol.

Seriously for one minute, the laptop will become the main tool for internet and thesloth (my desktop) will become my gaming machine.

I have crusied dell, PC World, laptops direct etc and for what i reckon i need i will have to pay £400 - £450. I don't want to spend anymore as it is only for internet and FM08.

Went into PC World this afternoon and bought a new shredder and i was quite tempted to buy one then lol but i tohught better of it and decided to consult CS first.

PC World put in a wild usggestion. I found a Intel Dual core 2 with 2 gig or Ram, vista etc on a fujitsu machine. it was up for £479... bit over budget but i was tempted purely because of the 2 gig of ram...

I don't want a screen bigger than 15.4 or whatever it is really as i saw 17'' laptops and they where massive. the 15.4'' seemed about right.

Should i go the pc world route? they seem quite cheap. Or what about Dell? again uber cheap. I treid looking at acer etc but theri websites fucked me off.

Also i see Dell use AMD dual core processors in a lot of their laptops. anygood or bag of shite compared to the intel laptop chipsets?

So geeks of CS, unite and help me decide on a laptop. all suggestions considered.

MY10 R35 GTR
Been looking at laptops recently. the main use will be lounge surfing and football manager 2008 lol.

Seriously for one minute, the laptop will become the main tool for internet and thesloth (my desktop) will become my gaming machine.

I have crusied dell, PC World, laptops direct etc and for what i reckon i need i will have to pay £400 - £450. I don't want to spend anymore as it is only for internet and FM08.

Went into PC World this afternoon and bought a new shredder and i was quite tempted to buy one then lol but i tohught better of it and decided to consult CS first.

PC World put in a wild usggestion. I found a Intel Dual core 2 with 2 gig or Ram, vista etc on a fujitsu machine. it was up for £479... bit over budget but i was tempted purely because of the 2 gig of ram...

I don't want a screen bigger than 15.4 or whatever it is really as i saw 17'' laptops and they where massive. the 15.4'' seemed about right.

Should i go the pc world route? they seem quite cheap. Or what about Dell? again uber cheap. I treid looking at acer etc but theri websites f**ked me off.

Also i see Dell use AMD dual core processors in a lot of their laptops. anygood or bag of s**te compared to the intel laptop chipsets?

So geeks of CS, unite and help me decide on a laptop. all suggestions considered.

i've got a fujitsu siemens. Great wee laptop!!! plays FM2007 no problem!!!

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/products/mobile/notebooks/amilo_prov_series.html

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yeah - there's a good Dell Inspiron for 400 notes with a Core2 processor and 2gig RAM - I'd have a scout for that.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'd rather have 1gb of ram and a "proper" graphics card.

And an nVidia GeForce 7400 Go is a fat lot of use over a GMA950...

If it meant 128Mb off 2Gb for a GMA950, against 1Gb with a GeForce with 64Mb dedicated and 128Mb that it borrowed, I'd have the GMA. Especially as the low end stuff like that is pathetic anyway. By the time you hit 7800 or 7900 Go you're at the £1k mark... More than chap wants to spend!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
the issue is i won't be palying any games on it as i have my 8800gts rigged PV for thta. it is purely for internet and FM08.

Yeha i reckon Dell is the way to go.

I didn't see they where doing a dual core with 2gig ram for £400 notes. if so it is bought.