ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop repair...

Trafic 140dci
Had a week off work this week and went round my dad's who was having a sort out and found my old Toshiba Satellite P100-240 laptop. My mum broke the screen when cleaning by shutting the screen and not noticing my ear ring i'd left on it which cracked the screen. At the time she put a claim through the house insurance and i got a new computer and this got put in the loft.

My question is could i repair it? Just looked on eBay and found this screen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-17-1-...pAccess_RL&hash=item4cf761d26c#ht_1927wt_1395

I'm fairly handy with tools, but have never changed a screen on a laptop before, i'm more than willing to give it a go (done iPhone 4 screens a couple of times) is there anything i need to know?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lewis

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely repairable.

Take it slow and don't just just rip it apart, try not to misplace any screws and go gentle is all you really can do.

See if you can find a guide online as well, mega handy with laptops as there are always hidden clips and screws you cannot find.

Shouldn't be too hard! :)

Trafic 140dci
Definitely repairable.

Take it slow and don't just just rip it apart, try not to misplace any screws and go gentle is all you really can do.

See if you can find a guide online as well, mega handy with laptops as there are always hidden clips and screws you cannot find.

Shouldn't be too hard! :)
Just youtube'd it only 2 connectors, few screws, should take 15 mins! :D I'm gonna buy it and get this laptop going again, looking forward to seeing what's on it from 4 years ago LOL. Thanks for the reply :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Only advice as someone who does this a lot is do it on a large flat surface, put different screws in different pots and label them, make notes on how stuff comes apart.

It's very very easy to replace screens though so you should be fine.

E46 320D Tourer!
Sorted my mums laptop screen last year. Only took 30 minutes. Just go slow and lay the screws out as you go.