ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop screen not working

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
I have finally got round to looking at other half’s laptop that decided to stop working last time i went through a reboot, I have installed a non OEM copy of XP and have then added drivers to get the thing working.
The only problem i have is the screen is not working (using a vga and a pc screen to work on it) It generally only has green lines running across screen (they change color now and again) But i have been able to see the main screen on a few occasions, but out of focus and only over part of screen, like resolution is set up incorrectly.

Any ideas?

Laptop graphics are often driver locked so that only the OEM drivers can be installed. For example, you can download the correct nVidia drivers for the card, but they often won't install properly. I don't see why the Windows standard VGA drivers wouldn't work with the laptops own panel though.

Did you get the drivers from the manufacturers website? If not, do that to start with.

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Yeah mate got them from the manufacturers website, Its strange never get a clear picture. going to try taking it apart and checking the connections are all ok, possible loose connection? As it works fine connected to a monitor, What you reckon?

Thanks for post