ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop/XP help please!!

My Laptop wont load properly, will boot and go to desktop but when it gets there it wont open any programs and the HDD light is constanly on.

Have booted in safe mode and ran 2 virus skans (differnt software) adawar,malaware and spyware scans.

Also defragged and cleaned up.

Have also Msconfiged and booted with the minimum processes running and still nothing.

Have restored to a previous check point (when was working) and used the "last good boot" feature

Only use it for checking emails, forums etc and basic word processing etc.

Please help.

Bailey

RB 182
Get the processes up in Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and see if explorer.exe is running, if not, File -> New Task -> type 'explorer' -> click ok.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Have a look in your processes tab. Is it rammed full of stuff? Also check your system tray.

No, theres just the usual amount running however explorer and one of the SVChost processes are using a fair bit of memory.

Have booted with nothing in the system tray and still the same :(

Trophy Turbo :)
Is it a dell by any chance.

Sounds the same as my dell had to get a new HDD Ouch.....

If you want to try it i have a new HDD here 40gb make me a offer

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Whats your ram reading at? Have lost ram before when one of the sockets had failed

RB 182
Whats your ram reading at? Have lost ram before when one of the sockets had failed

how do i find that out? :S

cheers for the help guys.

Its a packard bell BTW if that makes a difference
Right click on My Computer and click Properties, it should give you the reading there. Otherwise you might see it just as you turn it on, but I've a feeling that Packard Bell have a screen with their logo covering it.