ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help - win32.virus.parite

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
my laptop has the win32.virus.parite and im seriosuly struggling to get rid of it.

took adaware 50mins to do a full scan found the virus and closed down before deleting the virus, this was in safe mode.

cant start up unless in safe mode, wont shut down.

i need big help please

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
guys can anyone help.

this virus has spread to another computer probably through my external hard drive.

how can i get rid of it??

ive tried spybots and adaware but nothing?

anyone recommend me a program im even willing to pay for the right program

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Having done a quick google it seems you need to do a full format tbh.

but i am no techno geek.

you need someone like rasclart to advise or another IT dude on here.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
im planning on reformattig my laptop, but my hard drive has all my files backed up on it.

i really cant loose all my files.

and my dad would be mad as hell if he has to reinstall his

SLK 350
I'd be vary wary about reformatting and then carrying across too many files, find out more information on the virus and check to see if it propogates or infects any particular files or file types - last thing you want is a new infection.

Try turning off system restore.
Boot into safe-mode.
Run Adaware and Spybot S&D again (they'll only kill malware).
Download AVG, download the definitions file and burn both to CD from another PC.
Disconnect your ethernet/wlan, then install and run AVG using the defs to manually update it.

Would be my advice.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I agree with seb. Formatting will by far be the easiest way to sort it successfully IF it can be sorted another way, otherwise its the only way. Yup it can spread through mapped drives and other ways too. If you can, back up your files on another external HD through safe mode and the reformat both PCs. Not sure about your existing external HD, may need to reformat that as well, but not sure if you can save things from that. Maybe better to look at that one before you reformat your PCs so you don't reinfect them.

Win32.Virus.Parite
Win32.Virus.Parite is a polymorphic and memory resident virus. This virus propagates by infecting .EXE and .SCR files. It can also spread via network shares and mapped network drives.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I'd be vary wary about reformatting and then carrying across too many files, find out more information on the virus and check to see if it propogates or infects any particular files or file types - last thing you want is a new infection.

Try turning off system restore.
Boot into safe-mode.
Run Adaware and Spybot S&D again (they'll only kill malware).
Download AVG, download the definitions file and burn both to CD from another PC.
Disconnect your ethernet/wlan, then install and run AVG using the defs to manually update it.

Would be my advice.
done most of this.

adaware and spybots find it but dont remove it

SLK 350
Most or all...

The AVG is the thing that'll remove it for you if it's possible.

(Did you not have an A/V installed, or wasn't it up to date?)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
dont have one installed.

i only use adaware and spybots.

my dads pc is fooked, its got a blue screen with bugs crawling all over the screen

im on mine at the moment, so its half working.

what AVG should i use? im willing to pay for one that works

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
why cant i delete 4 files from this location??

C:\Documents and Settings\andy\Local Settings\Temp

files - all roughtly called the same

~DFA2D6.tmp

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i am, i just need to get an external hard drive to put photos on etc...

then i am reinstalling windows

just nee to keep it running for a few more days

Not a Clio
dont have one installed.

i only use adaware and spybots.

my dads pc is fooked, its got a blue screen with bugs crawling all over the screen

im on mine at the moment, so its half working.

what AVG should i use? im willing to pay for one that works

Have you learnt your lesson now?