ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptops: Dell 15R

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I've seen this laptop advertised by Tesco, they seem to be the only ones doing this model.
http://www.tesco.com/mt/direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-9309.aspx

In my eyes it looks good for the price, but I don't know much about laptops. Could anyone with more knowledge give a better opinion? Or offer up an alternative for a similar price?
I'll mainly be using it for uni work in September, listening to music, surfing the web and looking at photos.

Thanks

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I'd avoid Dell like the plague.

Awful machines, awful support, awful OS obviously.

Please justify your argument, ive been working with Dell desktops, laptops and servers for years and in general they are good in all aspects.

Also on another note, a comment like that in an Apple thread would get me an infraction.

Lanky, your link doesn't work btw :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My old employer used to be supported entirely by Dell.

Awful things. 2/3 of the staff bought their own laptops in the end.

And FYI, a comment like that is my opinion, the same as other opinions that get posted anywhere else on here. It's the point of a public forum, and isn't breaking the rules in any way.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Please justify your argument, ive been working with Dell desktops, laptops and servers for years and in general they are good in all aspects.

Also on another note, a comment like that in an Apple thread would get me an infraction.

Lanky, your link doesn't work btw :(
Woops thanks.

I'm on my phone and it will only give me the mobile address :(
http://m.tesco.com/mt/direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-9309.aspx maybe that will work.

Does anyone have any recommendations of others in the £300-£500 area? Or brands to look at. Maybe what specs are reasonable in that price range.

It looks a decent spec for the price mate and will definately do what you are wanting it to do with ease.

Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v
I have a dell inspiron 15r, had it for uni work for about 6 months. Mum works in i.t so looked over a lot of laptops first. Dell seemed to be the only people putting the new i3 processors in there low range models, this may have changed since i last looked but they are far superior to the dual core processors that many similarly priced laptops are running

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Dont buy any laptop unless it has one of the newer i cores such as the i3 i5 or i7

stay clear of the old core 2 duo and amd ones

DCi
we have a variety of dell/hp/lenovo on our site and dell are miles ahead of the rest

just my opinion (i am right though) ;)

I've had my Dell XPS laptop for nearly 3 years now never had problems!

Sure, Dell desktops and the cheap laptops suck, but dont knock them just because of that! (I'd be the first to knock them!)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have a dell inspiron 15r, had it for uni work for about 6 months. Mum works in i.t so looked over a lot of laptops first. Dell seemed to be the only people putting the new i3 processors in there low range models, this may have changed since i last looked but they are far superior to the dual core processors that many similarly priced laptops are running

Your i3 is more than likely dual core, technically.