ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last Ace Cafe Meet of the year December 21st 2009

172 Ph1
Hi Lora-x glad to see you and megane lady and friends made it up.
Top marks for effort.
Nice to have a quick chat with you before you left.
i left around 8.30pm as there were only a dozen or so left,not sure if more turned up.
Two gritter lorries turned up and occupied the carpark so i did the off:race: lol

Trophy 373
I made it for a bit in the trophy, few nice cars there when i got there; R26R, V6 and some MK1's

Commitment to the french car cause :)

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
Popped over in a friends R26R, cold out but good fun all the same and a mean fry up in the cafe ftw

Easily 2hrs there and 2hrs back tho M1 was a nightmare

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
So who actually made it from here then? I braved the weather and travelled down, it should have been a 40min journey but it took 3 hours to get down there and 4 hours to get back. There wasn't many that turned up, but I can't say I blame them weather was awful and the traffic (especially on the way back) was a nightmare, crawling along the motorway at 5mph for aaaaaages!!!

Me & my mate made it down from nottingham in the vee just as a load of mk2 & 3's were leaving :dapprove: the only time the weather caused a problem was after j10 on the M1, most of the carriageway had snow settled on it but 1 junction down it was almost empty & no snow.

Traffic coming back, between j7 & 10 was a joke, took 2 hours to get away from that crap, stopped at toddington services for some fun in the car park :rasp:

I have just walked in the door, after being stuck behind two wedged lorries on the service slip road of junction 2. Altogether 6hrs to get home!! Which should have taken 2 max

Subaru 330s
Hi Lora-x glad to see you and megane lady and friends made it up.
Top marks for effort.
Nice to have a quick chat with you before you left.
i left around 8.30pm as there were only a dozen or so left,not sure if more turned up.
Two gritter lorries turned up and occupied the carpark so i did the off:race: lol

Yer FINALLY made it home lol! Glad we left when we did tbh as it was so bad!

Me & my mate made it down from nottingham in the vee just as a load of mk2 & 3's were leaving :dapprove: the only time the weather caused a problem was after j10 on the M1, most of the carriageway had snow settled on it but 1 junction down it was almost empty & no snow.

Traffic coming back, between j7 & 10 was a joke, took 2 hours to get away from that crap, stopped at toddington services for some fun in the car park :rasp:

Ah yer I saw the vee, must have taken a brave pill to take it out in that weather? lol, fair play though and it was good to see the few that did make the effort :D

Insignia SRi
Sorry i didnt make this guys, i could get out of my road when i got in from work, 170+hp through the front wheels without traction control and ice doesnt work!!! :(