ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last options...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Had the bump the other month as you know... Fixed the car, airbag light still on.

Had it in the dealers today and they say i needed a new computer for the airbag, which i was expecting. Im selling the car like tomorrow... going on piston head auto trader etc and here are my options

1. Sell the car as it is with the lights on and hope the buyer doesnt notice.

2. Tell the buyer they were like that b4 i bought the car

3. Pull the pin out under my gear stick so the lights go out (airbags wont work)

I am not paying £350+ just before i sell the car!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How about

option 4) Stop being a c**t?

How can anyone seriously consider disabling airbags to earn a few extra quid??

Yozza'd Titanium 182
How about

option 4) Stop being a c**t?

How can anyone seriously consider disabling airbags to earn a few extra quid??

why are you so rude and agressive? (All the time)

I asked a question and you have flown of the handle... I never said

"haha im gonna pull out the pin and hope they crash and die"

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Had the bump the other month as you know... Fixed the car, airbag light still on.

Had it in the dealers today and they say i needed a new computer for the airbag, which i was expecting. Im selling the car like tomorrow... going on piston head auto trader etc and here are my options

1. Sell the car as it is with the lights on and hope the buyer doesnt notice.

2. Tell the buyer they were like that b4 i bought the car

3. Pull the pin out under my gear stick so the lights go out (airbags wont work)

I am not paying £350+ just before i sell the car!

why are you so rude and agressive? (All the time)

I asked a question and you have flown of the handle... I never said

"haha im gonna pull out the pin and hope they crash and die"

No you didn't, but i can't imagine your going to tell the buyer that you have disabled his/her Airbags??

Thought not.

And for the record, i'm not rude and aggressive. I just don't like scammers/con artists/liars.

Pick one.

Option 5, tell the buyer exactly what you did and say it has all been sorted except the computer.

Honesty ftw

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Yeah disable the safety features for the sake of £350 you could be condemning someone to death should they crash in your car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So its not just me that thinks any of those 3 options are wrong then??

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
just explain to them what the problem is on the add... and say you dont know whats up with it but imagine its something simple :)

thats what i would do. id be pretty pissed off if i showed up and the light was on/or the airbags didn't go off when i crashed lol

Yozza'd Titanium 182
just think its best to sell it and say... think the airbag light needs resetting at least then they know

I agree with Daniel. You should at least tell them the problem.

You are a cocky c**t though Daniel, its getting tiresome why not try and be less direct?

Chelsea tractor
You can have them reset rather than buying a new one though. Renault just won't reset them iirc

120d M-Sport
If the computer cant be reset i'd say just knock a little extra off imo £150 off the car is nothing if it gets the sale with the light still on. But dont pull the plug on the air bags and not tell them lol :rasp:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol at getting shitty with dan, its only a forum.

tell um what happend, u wouldnt like being lied to if u were buying a car

Megane dci 130
As above, theres loads of companys now that reprogram them and take the perminant 'impact' fault away.

Right lets ignore the fact you've got a problem with me personally.

Lets get back on topic.

Do you think its right that this guy does any of his 3 options?
As a car dealer, I personally think it stinks. Its deception/fraud/hiding the truth or whatever you want to call it.

Like I said, I hate people that do this and as such have expressed my displeasure.

Do you think I am wrong??
I do agree with you. I said that in my original post.
I agree with Daniel. You should at least tell them the problem.

But you do have a poor way of expressing your displeasure.:(

i think if it was me id get it fixed properly , yes its £350 quid or what ever but at least the car is safe again , or second option of fully detailing the problems in the add and what you have done so far and what is wrong with it still, and im sure someone will say yeah like the car but im willing to pay X amount for it, as it needs work.
Just think when you go buy your nxt car you wouldnt like to be scammed by some one who has disabled the airbags for you and not told you. Could be driving along and someone crash into you and they dont go off could kill you or your passengers, not good . so do the honest thing fix it properly and sell it or tell the potential buyers. if you dont want to spend anymore money then probably the latter , but expect to be nocked down in price.