ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest MSN messenger Error

Ph2 172
Have recently updated MSN, as i got fed up with it asking me everytime i logged on!

However, it's giving me grief, and generally getting on my nerves. If i leave the PC, and it goes to screen saver, when i come back, MSN has come up with an error, and wants to shut down. Error shown below, anyone else have issue??

"Windows Live communication platform has stopped working"

Any ideas?

Have tried uninstalling it and re-installing, no difference!

audi a6 3.0tdi
it could be far worse i can't even see any of my contacts or add new ones and it won't let you revert back to the old one either.

Scirocco GT 2.0
Closing MSN completely (Right-Click > Exit)
Delete the file: C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wldlog.dll
Open and connect WLM

Titanium 182
If it gives you an error code Google it and I'm sure you will find a fix somewhere. I had a problem once and that's how I got it fixed.

Ph2 172
Scottydog - good call, that appears to have fixed it.

For info - Version is 2009 (14.0.8064.206)

AK

M240i
No probs.

I spend months BETA Testing it for Microsoft, I know its flaws :)

Hows about this one then geek ;):rasp::D

Keeps logging my friend out then back in..

Isn't a net connection problem as other things don't log out etc.....?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Hows about this one then geek ;):rasp::D

Keeps logging my friend out then back in..

Isn't a net connection problem as other things don't log out etc.....?

Shut down Windows Live Messenger.

Click Start
Click Run
Enter: %appdata%\microsoft
Click OK.

Then right click the MSN Messenger folders, choose Delete, and then confirm the operation.

OR

Install and run this

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

To remove WLM completely.

Download/Install fresh copy from the website..

Also check internet settings/router settings - maybe update router firmware.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've reinstalled wlm and still can't see any contacts even though i can see them on msn on my other computer what can i do?

sorry op this has been doing my head in for weeks now

Scirocco GT 2.0
I've reinstalled wlm and still can't see any contacts even though i can see them on msn on my other computer what can i do?

sorry op this has been doing my head in for weeks now

Try:

In Windows XP, C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows logon name\Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder and then delete all the files in that folder.

In Windows Vista, C:\Users\Your Windows logon name\Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder, and then delete all the files.

Delete the contents of the Windows Live Contacts folder.

In Windows XP, C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows logon name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder, and then delete all the files that are in the folder.

In Windows Vista, C:\Users\Your Windows logon name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Your Messenger e-mail address folder, and then delete all the files that are in the folder.
Ttry to sign in to Messenger again.

If contacts are still missing from your contact list, go to the next step.

In the folder list on the left, navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows logon name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\Your Messenger email address.

Sign in to Messenger again.

Could also be your WLM settings, make sure your contact groups are enabled to see if your contacts are in groups.

Last edited:
  audi a6 3.0tdi
Thank you for that but i've tried those things before :( i'll just have to carry on using the standard windows messenger :(