ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LCD tv help

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
In my room I have a 40" Samsung LCD, had it a few years and its been fine. My brother has been home from uni over summer and the TV has been on near enough constantly cause he's a sad fucker who lives on his Xbox. Now he's gone back though, but broke the TV!
I switch it on, and can watch it for anything upto an hour, then the screen flickers and the picture goes off, but the sound stays on. I switch it off and back on and its fine, for 5-10 mins and it does it again! Is there any way of fixing this without forking out a lot of money, or putting my fist through the thing!?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sounds like the backlight has degraded if you look really close can you still see a dark picture?
Could also be overheating?

Focus RS, 182 gone
I had this problem with a Samsung LCD tv. It's a wire losing contact as it gets hotter. Mine was under warranty and a guy came out and fixed it. 3 months later the tv gave up as one of the boards went. I then switched to plasma and I'd never go back to LCD or led